Experiencing difficulties with your webcam during a video chat meeting? This article will give you advice on how to potentially solve these problems.
Please follow the steps below:
- Check whether you are using the right browser (Chrome or Firefox)
- Check whether you allowed access to your camera.
- Click the camera-icon in the URL to check whether the right webcam has been selected.
- Check if other programmes (e.g. Skype or Link) are blocking the webcam.
- Restart your device.
- Download the 'video chat by 24sessions' app.
The steps above will be explained in further detail in the remainder of this article.
1. Make sure to use the right browser (Chrome or Firefox)
Check whether you are using the right browser (Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox). If this is the case, please proceed to the next steps.
2. Allow access to your camera and/or microphone
First, you will be asked to allow access to your camera and/or microphone for the video chat meeting. The following screen will pop up right after entering the video chat room (Chrome left; Fireforx right):
Make sure to click 'Allow' in order to provide the video chat with sound and/or video. In case you clicked 'Block', our Systembot will provide you with further instructions to solve this and allow access again (left Chrome; right Firefox):
The example provided above may arise when you have not allowed access to your microphone and/or camera.
- In Google Chrome (top left in example above): you can find the instructions from the Systembot on the left side of the video chat room (red circle).
- In Mozilla Firefox (top right): you can find the instructions from the Systembot on the left side of the video chat room as well and the camera-icon and its settings in the top left corner of your browser (red circle).
3. Check whether the right camera has been selected in your browser
Check whether you have selected the right camera in your web browser by clicking the camera-icon as described above (Chrome top right; Firefox top left).
Click the right arrow for the scroll down menu to see a list of available devices. Make sure to select the right camera and click 'Allow'.
Hereafter, please reload your internet browser by clicking the refresh button 🔄 (Chrome top left, Firefox top right next to the search bar).
4. Check if other programmes (e.g. Skype or Link) are blocking the webcam
Check whether other programmes