In case you might experience some inconveniences in your meeting like audio or video issues due to a weak internet connection, streaming is here to help you out.
You can simply continue your meeting by using 'Audio by phone'. The verbal communication will go through the phone connection and the guest is still able to see you or your shared screen. Please note that you can't see the guest if you use audio by phone
The benefits of audio by phone instead of just calling are:
- Your guest can still see you on his/her screen via 24sessions (even though he/she is not visible for you).
- You can still share your screen with your guest.
- You and your guest are still able to use the chat function and exchange documents.
The button audio by phone is only available for the user
How do I use Audio by phone?
- Click the 'Audio by phone' button
- During a video chat: you can switch to streaming by clicking the ‘Audio by phone’ button and following the instructions shown on screen.
- Before a video connection: whenever you are not able to establish a video connection with your guest for whatever reason, there is an automatic fall-back that allows you to still continue and connect via streaming.
2. Call the phone number and enter the code provided
Both you and your guest will be instructed to call a phone number (+31 20 2622303) and to enter a code (both will be provided on your screen).
Please note that you will have to call the number on an actual cellphone, and not through Skype. Your local carrier rate will apply.
Hereafter, you will be connected with your guest. The guest can still see you or your shared screen, and audio will be provided via phone.
When finishing your call, you can simply click end conversation on both your phone and laptop.