Once you have setup your Hedge account, logged into the Hedge app and installed your SmartCam, you will then be able to add an emergency contact to your Hedge home. This process is similar to adding additional users. For more information on adding additional users, please follow the below link:
What is an emergency contact?
In the event of a home emergency, you will be contacted as per our escalation pipeline (you can see details on this by selecting the below button). During a home emergency event if you do not respond by engaging with the Hedge app we will send a text message to the emergency contact of your choice.
Your emergency contact should be somebody you trust, whom can, in the event of your absence, check up on your home for you. You should ensure that they're reliable, readily available, and (preferably) local. It's best to have a conversation with the person you select so they know what you're expecting them to do and how to best get in touch with you in the event that there is an incident in your home.
Please note the following about an emergency contact:
They will not be able to access your Hedge home via the app. This means they cannot view any alerts, video clips, view your SmartCam live view or arm your home.
Once added you will be able to revoke their position at any time.
They will receive an SMS alert, notifying them of the home emergency 10 minutes after the alert was initially triggered.
The home emergency alerts that will cause your emergency contact to be alerted are: leak alerts and smoke/CO alerts.
Motion, noise, and garage door alerts do not trigger the escalation process or text messages to emergency contacts.
How to add an emergency contact?
Please follow the below steps to add an emergency contact:
Open the Hedge app and click on the "People" tab at the bottom of the screen.
2. Once here, select the "+" icon, located in the top right hand corner of the screen.
3. Select "Create and emergency contact..."
4. You will now be given the option to either add an emergency contact via your contacts list, or to enter their details manually. We suggest that you enter the details manually so you can ensure that you're using their most recent contact details.
5. Enter the contact details for your emergency contact. Once all fields are completed, the "Add emergency contact button" will be highlighted. Select it to continue.
6. Nearly there! All that's left to do is to notify your emergency contact that they will receive a confirmation email. They will need to complete the steps detailed within the email to validate the contact.