The Create Short Method URL action will create a short, unique link to a specific Method screen within your account.
The link will follow the below format, where the question marks are a random set of alphanumeric characters.
▶ Who will access this link?
- Guest user: Link accessible by a contact in your account.
- Public User: Link accessible by anyone who has internet.
- Method User of your Account: link accessible only by a Method user.
▶ Specify the guest contact RecordID: This only shows if Guest user is selected. You will need to specify the contact's Record ID. Screens expecting a guest will thus be able to filter the data so it's specific to the contact.
▶ Open This Screen: the screen the link will show. You will need to specify the app the screen is in, and then the screen itself.
▶ Set this Active Record ID: if the screen is showing a record from its base table, this will be the Record ID for the record being viewed.
▶ Link Expiry (In Minutes): you can set the link to expire so that it no longer works. Setting it to 0 indicates it to never expire.
▶ Store URL in: Where to store URL link once generated. This can be in an action result or a control on the screen.
- A screen must have the proper screen permissions before creating this link. For example, if you are creating a public link for a Method screen, the screen's security permissions should be set to Allow screen to be shared publicly.
- Creating a link for a guest user is not necessary if all they need to do is access the Contacts portal. Send them to the portal login instead.