How do I port my voucher to another location?

Learn how to transfer your voucher to another city or state.

Updated over a week ago

Once you find an area you would like to move to and a housing agency that can accept your “port in” voucher, you must contact your case manager at the housing agency that issued your voucher and ask about the next steps for a "port-out". They will provide guidance on the necessary paperwork that needs to be completed during this process.

Read more about portability on HUD's website.

Did this answer your question?