We've completed the first stage of organisation memberships which means you can create a membership in the admin area on behalf of the organisation. During this process you can take payment and raise an invoice (if Xero is connected).
Once a membership has been created, you can use Airsquare to track and automate renewal.
You can have as many different membership types as you like.
How do I create memberships myself?
- You must have the organisations you want to create memberships for already in Contacts > Organisations. Just add each organisation first.
- Set up your membership types, do this under Contacts > Organisations > Membership types. You'll only need to do this once at the beginning.
- Once you have the above completed, you can then start adding memberships under Contacts > Organisations > Memberships.
How do organisations join online themselves?
What plan do I need to be on to use memberships?
You can be on any plan to track memberships. But if you want to create orders (either when a membership is created, or during the renewal process) you will need to be on one of our commerce plans (Small, Medium or Large).
How do I set up a free membership?
There's two options:
- Just set the price to 0 for the membership type.
- Or, if you want to give an organisation a free membership for a non-zero priced membership type you can manually create the membership yourself in the admin area. Just don't tick "Create an order now for this membership" when adding the membership and they'll never be charged. Be aware though that if it's set to auto renew, they'll be charged once the expiry date is reached. Of course, you can create a lifetime membership, see below.
How do I set up a lifetime membership?
There's two options:
- Set a very long Duration for the membership type.
- Or, if you're creating the membership manually, keep the Expiry date empty.
When creating a membership manually, where do I add the organisation credit card?
Credit card processing is done via Stripe. You would first need to have a Stripe account setup and connected to Airsquare.
Once connected, you can then associate a Stripe customer record to the organisation record in Airsquare. Find the organisation under Contacts > Organisations, click View, then look for the External records section, you'll see an option to associate a Stripe customer to the organisation.
If the customer isn't there yet, you'll need to add it into Stripe first, along with their card details.
How does auto renewing memberships work?
Any memberships which are set to auto renew and expired (expiry date in the past) will be automatically renewed. Each renewal will:
- Create an order
- Send the Billing person an Order confirmation email.
- Send you an Order received email.
- Charge the organisation's credit card if available and not expired (see below).
- Renew the membership by setting the Expiry date into the future, based of the membership type Duration.
- If Xero is connected, an invoice will automatically be created and attached to the order.
What happens if an organisation's credit card fails during the renewal process?
An order is always created and the membership renewed, regardless if the credit card is successfully charged or not. If it does fail, you will be notified by email and the order will be marked as Awaiting payment. It's then up to you to chase down payment. Typically this occurs when a credit card has expired.
Changing an organisation's credit card is done in Stripe directly. We never hold or see credit card information. Note once you've changed an organisation's credit card in Stripe, it won't be automatically charged, you would need to do a manual charge on their card in Stripe, then add the payment to the order in Airsquare to mark it as Paid.
Can I charge a joining fee?
Yes. Just add your Joining fee prices when setting up the membership type. We only charge the joining fee when the membership is first created (never for renewals).
Can an organisation have more than one membership?
Yes, add as many as you like!
Can I see which memberships an organisation is part of?
Absolutely. Find the organisation under Contacts > Organisations, click View, then look for the Memberships section which will list all memberships they are part of.
Can I see the order history for a membership?
Yes. Just find the membership under Contacts > Organisations > Memberships, click View, then look for the Orders section.
Can I see which memberships were part of an order?
Yes. Just find the order under Commerce > Orders, click View, then look for the Organisation memberships section.
What tax zone is used for a membership?
We use the Billing address of the organisation to determine which tax zone to use when creating an order for a membership.
What pricing tier is used for a membership?
We use the Pricing tier of the organisation.
Can I sell memberships through the POS?
Not at the moment. If we see demand for this, we'll get it added.