When you get started teaching on AmazingTalker, you will be concerned about how AmazingTalker calculate your salary. This article will introduce the AmazingTalker's fees and commission policies.
Check your income
AmazingTalker used the tuition tutors charge to calculate your gross income. As the above picture shown, tutor set the tuition as 20 USD per lesson. You can go to My Income Report to check your monthly income.
Gross Income Calculation
AmazingTalker sums up all the tuition of the "completed" lessons into your gross income.
You might notice the tuition charge might be different from each lesson, because:
- Students are offered 5% off / 10% off / 15% off discounts when purchasing 5 lessons / 10 lessons / 20 lessons respectively. The discounts are afforded by tutors.
- Tutors offer customised pricing to specific students. AmazingTalker will count the tuition you set in customised pricing into your gross income.
- You might adjust your tuition from the time being. Students might purchase your courses in different price.
While you are selling your courses, you might offer coupons to students. If students used the coupons you sent to make a purchase, the discount amount will be evenly distributed on each lesson.
Eg. If a student purchase your 10-lesson course and used a 10 USD coupon offered by you, 10 USD will be evenly distributed and 1 USD will be got deducted from each completed lesson. A remark will be shown in Notes column.
Starting from Oct 2018, AmazingTalker sums up tutors' income on the 2nd of every month and calculate teacher fees. Your income will be converted into AT credits ( 1 AT credit = 1 USD) and transfer to your AmazingTalker account.
AmazingTalker adopts regressive commission system. Essentially, the more you earn the less we will charge you in fees. The fee breakdown can be seen in the table below:
Lastly are your transaction fees, when we receive payment from students, we have to pay a standard fee to the payment gateway as transaction fee. Also, as a Taiwan based company, we need to pay sales tax. As teachers own the majority of the profits, teachers need to bear the cost. The fees are:
- 5% Taiwan Sales Tax (All Teachers)
- 3% Transaction fee (All Teachers, this fee is to recover the cost of accepting the students fees)
We hope this helps you understand how your income is calculated on AmazingTalker and always we'd love to hear your feedback and thoughts.