You can create a variety of discount types, including auto-applying or code-based discounts.
Go to Setup > Rates > Discounts and Special Offers.
There are two options on ‘Discount Calculation’
a) Total All Applicable Discounts – this means the customer can take advantage of several discounts at the same time
Note: you may have multiple discounts running at the same time. You might have an automatically applying discount at 10% off in September if they booked in August, and two discounts where they need to type in a code to get their discount, perhaps FAMILY2010 at 10% and BBQ15 at 5% off. In this scenario it will take the 10% off the booking for September (if the booking made it’s requirements and only one ‘code based’ discount at best value, in this case the BBQ15 at 15% giving the customer a total of 20% off.
b) Choose Best Value Discount – this means your customer can only use one discount at a time, the system will choose the best value for the customer.
Step 1: Choose the category and unit you would like the Discount to apply to and click on the New Discount button
Step 2: Configure the discount:
- Active – simple on/off mode
- Name – give the discount a meaningful name
- Type – choose from Fixed Price, Percentage, X Days for the Price of Y or Cheapest Week Half Price
- Apply To – you can choose whether you would like the discount to apply to the Base Cost or Party Members, or Total Cost.
- Length of Stay – choose the length of stay for which you would like the discount to apply. To restrict offers to one week select (From) 1 day, (To) 7 days. If there is no restriction then select (From) 1 day, (To) 28 days.
- Party Size – You can restrict the discount on party size. For example, ‘Discount only applies if you select more than X number of people’. If this does not matter, then keep this as 0.
- Number of Bookings [Start and End] – here you define when a discount can be applied; example, give the customer 10% their booking when they booked 3 or more times. Make Start 3 and End up to 99.
- Percentage (if applicable) value – choose the amount or percentage off amount
- Visibility – you can choose to have the discount to always apply whenever the rules apply or to only apply when a discount code is entered. If you choose when a code is entered, you can now set the maximum number of times a guest is allowed to use this code or how many times it can be used overall.
- Date Boundaries - this will only allow the discount to apply if the booking is strictly within the date bands set
- Membership Number - Will only allow the discount to apply if the customer has been given a membership number (membership numbers are entered into the Customer Record prior to the booking being made).
- Expiry Date – you will need to enter an expiry date for the discount to be active for.
If you miss something, don't worry, the system will prompt you to fill in any missing data when you click ok.
Step 3: You'll then see the Date tab. Within this tab, you can decide the date range of the booking you'd like this discount to apply for. An example of this is only having dates during the low periods in which this discount is used for.
Step 4: The final step is to assign this discount to more than one unit or sub-unit within the Units tab.