Please note, there is a short video at the bottom of the article if you would prefer to view the process.
Firstly, once logging in to your Anytime Booking account select the 'New Booking' tab.
Step 1 - Basic Booking Details
- The date the booking was created (if you have this information)
- Booking source (Must be left as telephone)
- Booking Agent (e.g. Airbnb if applicable)
- External Reference (Pitchup / Airbnb reference for example)
- 'Show Past Dates' (if you're inputting a booking for a past date)
Step 2 - Unit / Arrival information
- Select Category / Unit
- Select Arrival Date
- Select Number of nights
- Select Sub-unit if necessary (May not be applicable for Self-Catering)
- Select Party Size (Party Member Breakdown may vary for each account)
You'll be able to see the information breaking down in the 'Booking Summary' on the right hand side. You can click on any of the costs and amend.
- Once this section is completed, select 'Next' on the bottom right hand side.
Step 3 - Upselling
- If your customer has selected something from your add-ons list you can select this here, and this will update the information / costings in the booking summary.
Examples include: Security deposits, number of dogs, breakfast hampers.
Step 4 - Further Details
- How did your customer hear about you? This is a mandatory field to fill in.
- Admin Notes (Only staff members can see this)
- Customer Notes (Available for staff members to view and customers)
- Housekeeping Notes (for housekeepers only - only relevant to agencies)
- Alternative Customer (only applicable if booking is a business group)
- Discount Code (Not applicable for current bookings)
- Terms and Conditions (mandatory on the front end, but not applicable on the back office)
The next page will ask if you want to make another booking - this is only relevant for group bookings / if the customer has multiple bookings throughout the year.
If you select 'yes' you'll be taken to the start of the booking process to make your second bookings, if you select no you'll be taken to 'Customer Details' page.
Step 5 - Customer Details
- Enter the customers details that you have on file - add N/A to any sections that cannot be populated. Leave the email section blank if no email.
- If you have already made a booking for a customer you can add their information in under the 'Find Customer' bar.
- Contact Permission - if the customer has said Y / N to marketing in the past please mark this on the system. If not, you can leave this as Y and this can be changed in the future by the customer or yourself.
Once you are happy with the details select 'Place Booking' which is at the bottom of the Booking Summary.
Once you select 'Place Booking' you'll be asked if you would like to send out a selection of emails.
If you are adding in your bookings for the first time
We advise not to send any emails.
If you are adding in a new booking and you are a live account
We would advise sending all emails in the list to maintain consistent communication with the customer.
Step 6 - Recording A Payment
- If you select 'No' to making a payment the booking will be completed and marked as provisional (salmon colour on the bookings list).
- if you select 'Yes' you'll need to record the date of payment, method, amount and add a note if applicable.
Once the booking is complete a reference number will be generated. You will then be able to see the booking within your 'Bookings' list.