Aquro App Hosting
Aquro App Hosting is a service for hosting browser based apps created in Aquro App Studio.
Using the Aquro App Hosting service is the easiest way to publish your browser based app to your end users.
Setting up Aquro App Hosting
Before publishing your app to Aquro App Hosting you are required to configure the Aquro App Hosting service for your app.
Start by activating the Aquro App Hosting service by following these steps:
- Open Aquro App Studio
- Navigate to Backend Services > App Hosting in the left treeview
- Click on ACTIVATE to activate the Aquro App Hosting Service
Once the App Hosting service is activated you are ready to publish your app, however you can configure some additional settings for the service if you like:
URL: Each app activating Aquro App Hosting gets its own customized URL, starting with https://app.aquro.com/[yourchoice]
The text for [yourchoice] is up to you to decide, so long as it is not use by any other app yet.
IP-Filter: The default setting is that any computer can access the App Hosting Service, however you may at any time activate an IP filter that makes your app protected so that only users coming from any of the specified IP-addresses can access it.
Authentication: Per default, the user is never asked for a user name or password before accessing your app on the web. You can, however, at any time activate password protection for your app and make it required that a user to validate his credentials by entering a predefined username and password before being granted access to the app.
Publishing your app to Aquro App Hosting
Once App Hosting has been configured for your app, you are ready to publish it! Publishing the app is done as a two step process where the first step is to build a browser package of your app, and the second is to actually publish this web package to the App Hosting Service.
Build your app as a browser package by following these steps:
- Go to the RELEASE MANAGEMENT section of the Aquro App Studio
- Click on NEW BUILD
- Either build a build of your app for all platforms by clicking on the NEW BUILD button or create a new build exclusively for the browser by clicking on the arrow on the NEW BUILD button and choosing Build for Browser
- Once the build is done, you are ready to publish this app
Publish your app to Aquro App Hosting
- Click on the CLOUD icon of the app's correct build in your list of builds
- Chose App Hosting
- Click on PUBLISH
- The app will now be published to the Aquro App Hosting service