I’m sure if you ever looked up any deliverability related article on Google you had the opportunity to read “If you’re an email marketer, you need to verify your email list” or “If you’ve ever had to work in email marketing you know that email verification is crucial”...
Well… You don’t have to be an email marketer to know that.
Here at Autoklose, we strongly believe in email verification and that’s why we introduced the new feature called:
What is email verification?
The fact is that your emails will be delivered to verified email addresses only. Besides, too many bounced emails will hurt your email deliverability rate and subsequently your reputation as a sender. An important way to improve your email deliverability is through the process known as email verification, and knowing what it represents will help you understand how it can impact the success of your email outreach.
Email Verification is the process of ensuring an email address is valid and improving the odds that it belongs to a real person. The whole purpose of email verification is to make sure that a real person with a valid email address will receive and interact with the sent email.
Email verification is the process of verifying emails through a combination of validation techniques and proprietary algorithms.
Below, we’ve described in detail just how the email validation process works (keep in mind that this process may differ with some verification services):
- Spellcheck: makes sure you haven’t mistyped anything
- Email Address Syntax Check: Removes improper formatting
- Spam Trap Detection: This detects spam seeds, BOTs, honeypots, blacklisted, or bogus email addresses by checking the addresses in the list against the known list of email addresses/domains, used for trapping spammers. These are basically email addresses that have been created with the intention of capturing senders who aren’t following proper practices.
- Domain Validation/MX Records Check: This service checks the DNS records to make sure that a domain name is correct. If the domain is found to be invalid, or an MX entry is missing, this process marks the corresponding email address as invalid.
- Individual Mailbox Validation: The procedure of SMTP verification of each email address. The addresses will be pinged in order to establish whether they exist without sending an actual email to the inbox.
How to validate your list with Autoklose?
Pretty easy as there’re a few different ways you can validate your contacts from Autoklose panel directly.
- Contacts section:
- If you’ve already imported your contacts to Autoklose you can choose which ones you want to validate by using any of the available filters. After you are done filtering, or if you choose to validate all contacts that you have, please select all desired contacts and then the “validate” button will be available.
- In case there are no contacts selected, the button will be disabled.
Contacts that are in the Do Not Email list are not eligible for validation.
- If you have a CSV file with leads, and you’re not sure about their quality, you can validate your list in bulk while uploading the contacts to Autoklose.
A validation toggle will be available in the mapping part of the file upload.
By default, the toggle is OFF, if you want to validate contacts make sure to turn it ON.
After the validation is done, in case you have invalid contacts those will be automatically moved to the Do Not Email list.
2. Campaign creation:
Contacts can be validated while uploading the list of recipients in the second step of the campaign creation process.
In case you already have some recipients in that particular campaign and have the same email addresses in the file you’re uploading, all contacts will be synchronized once you start the validation process.
If there are any invalid email addresses they will be removed from the campaign and added to the Do Not Email list.
The validation process might take some time, so please make sure not to start the campaign until you receive an email from Autoklose with the information about the validation status.
After the validation process is done, you will receive the results in an email with the detailed information about the number of contacts with the following email statuses:
- Valid - verified as a real email that is currently accepting email and is safe for sending messages to.
- Invalid - verified as a bad recipient address that does not exist or is not accepting mail and is not safe for sending messages to. Invalid emails will result in bounces.
- Disposable - Disposable emails are temporary accounts used to avoid using a real personal account during the sign-up process and are not safe for sending emails to.
- Unknown - Imposible to definitively determine the email’s status. This email appears to be a good address, however, the domain and/or server are not responding to any of the requests. If you have a dedicated email server with your own IPs, the Unknown type emails are safe for sending depending on the overall health of your list. If you use a third-party email provider that requires a bounce rate below 4%, these email addresses are not safe for sending messages to.
- Accept all/ catch-all - This is a domain-wide setting. There is no definitive way to determine whether this email is valid or invalid. You can read more about it here https://neverbounce.com/help/understanding-and-downloading-results/what-is-an-accept-all-unverifiable
In the contacts section, you will be able to see when was the last date when the contacts were validated in the column named Last Validated.
Also, you can filter contacts based on the Last Validated field:
- Last 30 days
- Last 60 days
- Last 90 days
- Validated >90 days
- Never validated
A couple of technical notes:
- Everyone from the Team can validate contacts but it will be billed to credit card inserted in billing section of Autoklose.
- Each validation will be billed separately, and if you decide to move forward with it, all transactions will be shown in your invoice history.
- If you are on a 14-day free trial, please upgrade to one of the paid plans or contact our Sales team for more information.
— — —
If you have any questions do not hesitate to initiate a live chat.
Your autoklose.com team!
— — —
To learn about sales, customer acquisition, business strategy, and more, read our 50,000 subscribers strong blog.
Join over 10,000 followers on LinkedIn, to learn just released success stories from around the world of business.