Offline Mode: When you have NO Internet Connection
- This only works in solo mode: we need an internet connection in order to collect other people's audio & transcripts. You won't be able to add others to the conversation.
- There will be a slightly depreciated accuracy: Ava needs an internet connection to use our smart speech recognition technology.
- This is only available on iOS and Android devices: right now, this only works for iOS and Android devices. Offline mode for Ava Web is not supported
- Offline mode works only for your default language, you cannot caption or translate in other languages.
How to enable Offline Mode
🤖 For Android devices: No need to do anything! You simply need to open a conversation with your Android phone in offline mode, and you can use Ava as you normally would! ✅
🍎 For Apple devices (only available on iOS 13 and above) :
1. In ✈ airplane mode, open a conversation as you normally would
2. Watch Ava caption!
NOTE: You may experience issues if you are on iOS 14. We are currently working to rectify this 👌
Using Ava with Low or Limited Internet Connection
- Only on Android: we are currently limited by the iOS (Apple mobile devices) technology to use Ava with limited internet connection. For iOS devices, simply use Offline Mode, as per the instructions above.
- With a slightly depreciated accuracy: Ava needs an internet connection to use our smart speech recognition technology.
On your Android, go to Settings > activate Optimize for very low-connectivity:
Happy captioning! 🤟