Offline Mode: When you have NO Internet Connection
- This only works in solo mode: we need an internet connection in order to collect other people's audio & transcripts. You won't be able to add others to the conversation.
- There will be a slightly depreciated accuracy: Ava needs an internet connection to use our smart speech recognition technology.
- This is only available on newer iOS and Android devices: offline mode only works for newer iOS devices (that have A9 chips). You can find unsupported devices at the bottom of this page.
- Offline mode works only for your default language, you cannot caption or translate in other languages.
- This is not available for Ava Web or Ava Closed Captions
How to enable Offline Mode
🤖 For Android devices: No need to do anything! You simply need to open a conversation with your Android phone in offline mode, and you can use Ava as you normally would! ✅
🍎 For Apple devices (only available on iOS 13 and above) :
1. In ✈ airplane mode, open a conversation as you normally would
2. Watch Ava caption!
Using Ava with Low or Limited Internet Connection
- Only on Android: we are currently limited by the iOS (Apple mobile devices) technology to use Ava with limited internet connection. For iOS devices, simply use Offline Mode, as per the instructions above.
- With a slightly depreciated accuracy: Ava needs an internet connection to use our smart speech recognition technology.
On your Android, go to Settings > activate Optimize for very low-connectivity:
Offline Mode Compatibility iOS Devices
Offline mode requires specific hardware that is not available in the older Apple models (namely, the A9 chip). The following devices do NOT support Offline Mode.
iPad Air (2nd generation)
iPhone 6 Plus
iPad Air (1st generation)
iPad (4th generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad (2nd generation)
iPad (1st generation)
iPad Mini (4th generation)
iPad Mini (3rd generation)
iPad Mini (2nd generation)
iPhone (1st generation)
iPad Mini (1st generation)
Happy captioning! 🤟