Note: Scribe time must be purchased and scheduled in advance to use Ava Scribe. Discover more about Ava Scribe.
Step 1 - Scheduling a Scribe
Once Scribe time has been purchased, schedule the date(s) and time(s) a Scribe is required at ava.me/book
Pick the session length for the amount of time you will need the Scribe. Next, you will pick the date and the start time.
ℹ️ Meetings or classes longer than 2 hours should be broken up into 2 hour increments.
Step 2 - Requesting your Scribe
Requesting Ava Scribe from your Mobile Device
Start a captioning session (tap on 🎙 Start Subtitles)
Tap on 🎯 Accuracy (bottom of the screen)
You'll see a BLUE banner at the top indicating that a Scribe is connecting
Once the Scribe has connected, you'll see a GREEN banner and mic 👍
Removing the Scribe
To stop using the Ava Scribe service in the middle of the captioning session:
1. Tap on 🎯 Accuracy
2. Tap on Premium
3. You will see a blue banner at the top indicating that the Scribe has disconnected
Requesting Ava Scribe from Ava Web and Ava Closed Captions
1. Start a conversation session
2. At the top-right corner, click the button that says "Improve accuracy"
3. When this message pops-up, click "Request a Scribe now"
4. You will see a banner in the top-left corner indicating that the Scribe request is pending (this process can take up to 30 seconds)
If you decide you no longer need a Scribe (while the request is still pending), click on the Scribe icon and click on "Cancel request"
5. When the Scribe is connected, your microphone icon will turn green, like this:
If you want to remove the Scribe at any point during the conversation, click on the Scribe icon and click "Remove Scribe"