If you are using Ava for remote meetings, click here.
For 1:1 meetings
If you are meeting with one person, you can use Ava from your phone or laptop to see what they are saying!
Using your Phone
This is how you set-up Ava for close interactions (where the person is within 12 inches of your microphone.) Just open Ava to start a conversation, as you normally would. (If this is your first time using Ava, check out our guide to Get Started!)
You can hold up Ava like this, or just have it sitting on a table or desk close by.
Using your laptop and phone together
If you are social distancing (or just sitting farther than 12-inches from the other person), you can use your phone as the microphone and view captions directly on your laptop! Alternatively, we suggest either using a Bluetooth microphone or inviting them to use Ava on their device.
1. Start a conversation as you normally would on your phone
2. Go to Ava Web and enter your own Avaname here.
3. Click "Join Room"
4. Make sure the 🎙 microphone icon is ON (blue)
Watch Ava caption away!
For meetings with multiple people
For meetings with multiple people, we recommend having everyone join on Ava so that you can see clearly who is speaking. They can either download the app or join using your magic link (see Instant Conversations).
From your phone
To start a group conversation from your phone, see our guide on group conversations here.
From your computer
1. Open Ava Web
2. Click on "🎙 Start Captions Now"
3. Click on "+ Invite Participant." This will copy the link to your clipboard.
4. Send your 🔗 link to whomever you'd like. They can open up the link from the 📱 mobile phone or 🖥 Ava Web!
❗️ For the best quality, make sure that everyone is speaking within 12-inches of their device or using headphones (wired or Bluetooth).
Happy captioning! 🤟