This audio adapter cable has been tested successfully to work with Ava! (Make sure to purchase this one).
1. Plug the audio adapter cable to each of the devices you will be using. Make sure that you plug in each side correctly (see this video for detailed instructions).
📱 Smartphone Side: This side plugs into the device (phone, tablet) that has Ava installed
🎧 Wireless Microphone Side: This side plugs into the device that is playing the sound
2. Tap on 🎙 Start Captions on Ava
3. Open the digital audio/video or make the call you want to caption (make sure the volume is turned all the way up)
4. Watch as Ava captions by listening through the audio adapter cable
If you have an iPhone that doesn't have the aux port, you'll need this lightning adapter).
If you want a wired headset to hear the audio at the same time while seeing captions on Ava, you will need an audio splitter.
Want to Increase Accuracy?
Try one of the Ava paid plans (e.g. Ava Premium, Ava Starter, Ava Pro) to boost your accuracy to ~95-99%! You can even get sponsored! Click the link below to learn more
Captions not showing up?
- Make sure the volume is high enough on the device that is playing the sound.
- Make sure you buy this exact cable.
- Make sure that cables are plugged in all the way and in the correct port
- Make sure that the microphone source is set correctly for the device that has Ava. To do this, Start Subtitles > Tap on the ⚙️ icon in the upper right-hand corner > Select a Microphone 🎤 > Select Headset Microphone (see screenshot below)
If you are unable to successfully troubleshoot, please reach out to our support team at email@example.com