Vehicles used for rides must meet both our minimum standards and government requirements.
All vehicles must:
- Be in excellent working condition, with no cosmetic damage
- Be registered and CTP-insured in your state or territory (Vehicles must be covered for at least $5 million in damages)
- Be 10 years old or less
- Have 4 doors
- Seat 4-7 passengers (excluding the driver)
- Have working windows and air conditioning
- Be able to pass a vehicle check
- Not be a taxi, government, branded or rebuilt vehicle
- Not contain any 3rd party advertising
- Be licensed as hire cars (see below)
Applying for a Hire Car License:
Vehicles that provide ridesharing services within Victoria must now be registered as Hire Cars through the TSC.
You can apply for, or renew a Hire Car License directly through the TSC website here.
It is your responsibility to hold, and maintain your Hire Car License. Taxify will not be liable for any fines incurred by you for not holding this license.