Employers normally have obligations under provincial occupational health and safety legislation to ensure the workplace meets certain health and safety requirements and to report injuries which occur in the workplace. In light of COVID-19 it is important to communicate, and promote best practices to help keep your employees healthy and your organization running.
We have a new blog covering Employer Obligations To Employees During COVID-19 available here: https://beneplan.ca/employer-obligations-to-employees-during-covid-19/
It covers key workplace issues in the prevailing circumstances - topics like:
- The Ontario Human Rights Commission (OHRC) FAQ on Rights Responsibilites & Obligations of employers and employees.
- What are an employer’s health and safety obligations in the workplace?
- What are some employer’s health and safety obligations to employees working from home?
- Guiding questions that employers can utilize to assess whether they are protecting the health and safety of their telecommuting employees.
- Seven best practices to maximize telecommuting potential and create a safe and successful off-site arrangement.
- What to do if an employee reports symptoms or a positive COVID-19 diagnosis.
- Can employers take their employees’ temperatures prior to permitting them into the workplace?