The Birdie home activity gives you real-time access the latest movements in the property, provides you with valuable medical insights on your loved one's health and wellbeing and alerts you if we detect risks of health deterioration. In case of emergency, the Telecare service will proactively contact your loved one and inform you directly via the App.
Where to find it in the App?
- Your will now always be informed of your loved one's location in the property. This information will be displayed at the top of the Birdie homepage.
- By clicking on the last location, you will also access the history of all the movement recorded for today and previous days.
- If an alert has been raised, you will receive a pop up notification on your phone and the alert will be highlighted as a red card at the top of the Birdie home page.
You could receive two types of alerts:
- Activity alerts will inform you of any unusual activity (falls, bathroom dwelling, front door opened, night bedroom absence...).
- Health alerts will be triggered if our medical team notices unusual patterns in your loved one's activity or risks of health deterioration. For instance, an alert could be raised if your loved one's toilet visit have increased by 30% over the last 5 days as this could be an early sign of Urinaire Tract Infection (UTI).
Combined with the wellbeing updates, these alerts and medical tracking will improve your peace of mind knowing that we are looking after or your loved one. And, if anything occurs, we will let you know and help you take action. By doing so, we hope to significantly reduce the risk of hospitalization for your loved one.
NB: All these alerts can be tailored in your app settings. For instance, you could decide to be alerted for bedroom absence only between 10pm and 6am.
The Telecare service (this is an extra feature)*
The Telecare service will enter in contact with your loved one as soon as a fall alert is triggered. Thanks to the emergency button, your loved one could also contact the Telecare service at anytime.
As you know, you will receive live notifications in the app if an alert is triggered. But you will be also informed of any measure taken by the Telecare service to address the alert.
For instance: Annie had a fall - The Telecare service contacted her, she is fine but her ankle is painful. Ambulance is on its way.
More connected devices
For a greater peace of mind, you could also request extra home activity devices.
- The Birdie Camera gives you access to a live stream video with your loved one's property directly from the Birdie app. Place the camera in the living room and you will be able at anytime to access the live stream and chat with your loved one thanks to the integrated microphone.
- The Birdie smartwatch will help our medical team to record more health information (health beats, blood pressure...) for a safer monitoring. It will also detect falls in real time and geolocalize your loved one at any time.
Talk to the Birdie team if you would like to know more about these devices: email@example.com
With love and care,
The Birdie team
*Speak to the Birdie team if you would like to request for any extra service: firstname.lastname@example.org