The Experiences App is where your customers check in and enter their info. You can do this on any device that’s connected to WiFi or has a mobile connection. A tablet is recommended for the best customer experience.
Launching the Experiences App
In order to display the Experiences App from a mobile device, you must first navigate to the url: https://checkin.myblackbird.com.
You are also able to launch the app directly from the Blackbird platform. Start by selecting the Customer Center Block and then choose the Experiences Block.
Creating a Home Screen App
If you would prefer to have the app open from your iPad home screen, rather than display the browser URL to your customers, you can add the app to your home screen by following these steps:
- Navigate to the website that you want to save as a home screen shortcut.
- Tap the Share button on the menu bar. It's an icon on the right side that's a box with an arrow sticking out from it.
- Tap on Add to Home Screen.
Once added to the home screen, the app will display to your customers without the browser URL attached to it!
Enabling Guided Access
In order to prevent customers or patients from opening other apps on the iPad, you may want to lock the screen by enabling guide access. First, you'll need to enable guided access, then you can set it up on the Experiences app specifically:
- Open Settings > General > Accessibility
- Scroll to the bottom of the Accessibility menu and select 'Guided Access'
- Tap the toggle to turn Guided Access on
- Still in this menu, select 'Passcode Settings' and then tap 'Set Guided Access Passcode'
- Set a passcode you'll be sure to remember
- Still in this menu, select 'Mirror Display Auto-Lock' and tap the toggle to turn on
Once Guided Access is on, you'll need to lock the Experiences screen:
- Open the Experiences App
- Tap the home button quickly three times
- Enter the passcode you set
- Select 'Start'
- The iPad is now locked to the Checkin app and it can't be closed unless the passcode is entered
- To unlock the screen, tap the home button quickly three times and select 'End'
Using the Experiences App
After launching the Experiences App, you will be prompted to log in. All employee logins have access to use the Experiences App. After logging in, select the station you want to use from the dropdown. Stations can be created within your Stations Block, click here to read more! Select a theme color to change the background color of the app.
Redeeming Rewards on the Experiences App
Any Experiences station with Display Loyalty enabled will allow customers to earn points and redeem rewards regardless of the station type.
After the customer enters their phone number and name, the screen will show their current loyalty balance, their loyalty tier (if applicable), and any rewards. Rewards that aren’t yet eligible will appear grayed out and won’t be redeemable.
To redeem the reward, they need to tap it and confirm they want to redeem it.
Learn More About the Experiences App...
If you have any further questions, feel free to reach us anytime by clicking on the help chat in the bottom left of your screen. We’re always happy to help!