To sync Quickbooks, go to Settings > Quickbooks Online > Connect to Quickbooks
There are two ways to transfer your jobs to Quickbooks online: via individual job or via batch (if you choose to sync through the personality settings, it will sync all jobs from that personality. It is personality specific).
Here’s how we work with QB Online:
The line items in BlinkBid invoices are distilled into 3 categories of income: Fees, Production (reimbursed expenses) and Markup (both job and per line item if used). They are then added as line items to a new job in QBO.
Only invoices in US Dollars are exported to Quickbooks.
Payments deleted in BlinkBid will not automatically delete on the Quickbooks side. However, if you modify a payment in BlinkBid it will properly update in Quickbooks.
Invoices with more than 21 characters in the “invoice number field” will not export to QuickBooks.
Invoices exported to QuickBooks are from your current personality only (not the entire account).
Invoice amount exported is the “Subtotal”, does not include taxes.
If you delete an invoice in QuickBooks and need to re-export it from BlinkBid, you will need to do so from inside the job. You must be connected to QuickBooks in order to select individual invoices to export.
BlinkBid is compatible with online Quickbooks services; however, BlinkBid Online is not compatible with the Self Employed QBO.
Quickbooks’ customer service said the Self Employed QBO doesn’t support invoice creation but all of their other products do.
Important Facts to know about QuickBooks
1) Invoices export from BlinkBid into 3 categories of income: Fees, Production (reimbursed expenses) and Markup.
2) Only invoices in US Dollars are exported to Quickbooks. This is due to tax situations from different countries, but we are hoping to provide integration with other countries versions of Quickbooks in future updates.
3) Invoices with more than 21 characters in “invoice number” will not export to QuickBooks.
4) Invoices exported to QuickBooks are from your current personality only (not the entire account).
5) Invoice amount exported is the “Subtotal”, does not include taxes.
6) Jobs that are shared will not transfer over unless you are the owner of the job.
7) New invoices will need to be imported into QuickBooks. They will not import automatically by using the overall sync in Settings.
For more articles related to this topic, click here.