Office Anywhere is a native fixed convergence solution that lets end-users designate a single phone number for all incoming and outgoing calls, regardless of which phone they are currently using — mobile, office PBX, home, etc.
End-users receive the added benefit of a common business calling “experience” across all devices. This capability allows you to dial colleagues with a four-digit extension from your mobile phone or transfer calls taken from your mobile phone to another colleague’s desk or mobile phone without having to know whether he or she is in the office.
Office Anywhere is a BroadCloud feature that provides the following functionality:
- Receive calls on an alternate phone: Office Anywhere allows calls placed to a user’s office phone to ring any phone(s) setup with the feature. Most users will designate their mobile phone as their “Office Anywhere phone.”
- Place calls from an alternate phone: From their Office Anywhere phone, users can place calls that display the outbound Caller ID of their desktop phone.
- “Pull” active calls between desktop and mobile phones: When on an active call using a desktop phone, users may push that call to their Office Anywhere phone. Conversely, while on an active call on a designated Office Anywhere phone, users can pull the call to the desktop phone.
- Place long distance and international calls from an alternate phone: When users place long distance or international calls from an Office Anywhere phone, usage will be tracked and reflected on their office phone invoice just as any other toll calls would appear.
- Users can manage the Office Anywhere feature from their portal. NOTE: Within the user’s portal, this feature is referred to as “Anywhere.”
- Once the designated Office Anywhere phone is setup, to place and receive Office Anywhere calls, users must first dial the Office Anywhere Portal number. Administrators may alter the Office Anywhere Portal settings as needed.
NOTE: The Simultaneous Ring and Office Anywhere (Anywhere) features cannot be enabled at the same time. When enable Sim Ring is enabled, Anywhere will automatically be disabled and vice versa.
2. Feature Prerequisites/Restrictions
Before the Office Anywhere service can be used the following conditions must be met:
- At least one inbound number must be available to be assigned as an Office Anywhere Portal.
- At least one Office Anywhere Portal number must be assigned to the site through the Enterprise portal dashboard. Office Anywhere Portals are not automatically assigned when the BroadCloud service is provisioned.
- At least one Office Anywhere User (Premium, Standard, or Hosted PRI - User) must be assigned and active.
- At least one landline or wireless number must be assigned to the Office Anywhere User through the dashboard.
- Active must be enabled in the Office Anywhere User’s list for all numbers the user wishes to ring when calls are received on their BroadCloud desktop phone.
3. Log into the Portal
After entering the Service Provider URL in a browser, the Sign In window appears.
Figure 1 - Sign In Screen
Click here to go straight to the login page. Enter the Username and Password. These credentials are sent via email when the Customer or Site Administrators are set up through the order process or in the Portal.
4. Go to the Services tab
Figure 2 - Services Tab
4.1 Select Services in the left hand navigation menu
4.2 Select Office Anywhere in the Site Package Settings section
- Hit the Office Anywhere button to open the Office Anywhere Portal window for set-up and editing.
Figure 3 - Office Anywhere List
4.3 Add Office Anywhere Portal number
- Hit the “Add” Button.
- Go to section 5.4 for configuration instructions.
- Hit “Save” and the new Office Anywhere Portal number will be listed in the list of Office Anywhere numbers.
4.4 Delete Office Anywhere Portal number
- Check the box in the left most column next to the Office Anywhere Portal number to be deleted.
- Hit the “Delete” button.
- The Office Anywhere Portal number will be removed from the list.
5. Feature Setup
Prior to using Office Anywhere, the Site administrator must set up the feature. Follow the steps detailed below to configure or edit the feature.
5.1 Select the Office Anywhere Portal number to Configure
Select the Office Anywhere number to be configured. If you have a large list of them, you can scroll through the pages or you can also use the search tool at the top of the page.
The number of groups that display in the list page may be changed to 10, 25, 50, or 100 to help find a specific group to edit.
5.1.1 Click the Edit button to open the configuration window
5.2 Configure the Office Anywhere number
Note: The Save button at the bottom of the screen must be clicked to save any configuration changes.
Figure 4 - Office Anywhere Configuration
- Phone Number – The phone number assigned for this Office Anywhere number. When adding a new Office Anywhere number, a drop down box allows for the selection of a number to assign. For existing numbers, the Phone Number is displayed and cannot be edited.
To change the number, either delete the Office Anywhere number as described in section 4.4 or unassign the number in Assignments/List By Number.
- Name – The name given to this Office Anywhere number. When adding a new Office Anywhere number, enter a name in the space provided. The default name is phone number. For existing numbers, the Name can be edited. Update as necessary.
- Extension – This is the extension number which can be used by internal Site or Company users to reach this Office Anywhere number. When adding a new Office Anywhere number, the extension is blank. If desired, enter an unused extension number. It is not required. For existing numbers, the extension is displayed and can be edited as necessary.
- User Selection
Select if this number can be used by the entire Company or just this Site. Only one can be selected.
- Company – Hit the radio button to enable this Office Anywhere number for use by all Company users.
- Site - Hit the radio button to enable this Office Anywhere number for use by just the Site users.
- Silent Prompt Mode
- Check the box to enable Silent Prompt mode. When enabled, the Office Anywhere portal will not prompt calling users for their calling address, password, and destination address. The silent prompt mode is useful if the portal is expected to be accessed from devices that use automatic diallers.
- Hit the “Save” Button
6. Feature Operation
Once an Office Anywhere Portal number has been assigned in the dashboard and the Office Anywhere User has configured the feature it is ready for use. The following sections describe how to use the Office Anywhere feature.
- Simultaneous Ring
Follow the procedure below to receive Simultaneous Ring calls.
1. Caller dials the BroadCloud User
2. The Office Anywhere Simultaneous Ring feature is invoked
3. All phones in the user’s Office Anywhere list begin to ring
4. One of the phones answers the call and the others stop ringing
Office Anywhere Sim Ring Notes:
- If a call is immediately intercepted by a voicemail system, which could occur when wireless phones are turned off or do not have service or when Do Not Disturb is enabled on the BroadCloud desktop phone, all other phones will immediately stop ringing. If the voicemail system answers quickly enough, the other phones may not ring at all.
- Any number being included in the Office Anywhere Sim Ring feature cannot be included in other Sim Ring lists.
- Office Anywhere Sim Ring does not allow users to activate “Do Not Sim Ring if I’m on the phone” option.
- Placing an Office Anywhere Call
Follow the procedure below to place a call using the Office Anywhere Portal.
- User dials Office Anywhere Portal number from landline or wireless phone.
Note: if the landline or wireless number from which they are calling is not configured in the caller’s Office Anywhere list in the dashboard, the user will be prompted to enter the number from which they are calling. This number can be any number configured in the caller’s Office Anywhere list.
2. User enters passcode and destination digits
3. User is connected to the destination number using their business calling line ID.
- Transfer Call From Landline/Wireless to Desktop
Active Office Anywhere calls can be transferred from a landline or wireless phone directly to the Office Anywhere User’s BroadCloud desktop phone. Follow the procedure below perform this function.
1. Call Office Anywhere Portal number from wireless phone
2. Enter passcode and destination digits
3. Connect to destination
4. Call *11 from desktop phone
5. Call is automatically transferred to desktop phone
Note: since the Office Anywhere Portal and the desktop phone are both within the BroadCloud PBX system, the caller does not need to call the Office Anywhere Portal from the desktop phone to invoke the transfer. When the caller dials *11 from their desktop phone, the call will automatically be pulled from the portal to the desktop phone.
- Transfer Call From Desktop to Landline/Wireless
Active BroadCloud PBX calls can be transferred from the Office Anywhere User’s BroadCloud PBX desktop phone directly to any landline or wireless phone. Follow the procedure below to perform this function.
1. Call destination from desktop phone
2. Connect to destination
3. Call Office Anywhere Portal number from wireless phone
4. Enter passcode and *11 as destination digits
5. Call is automatically transferred to wireless phone
Note: Since the Office Anywhere Portal and the desktop phone are both within the BroadCloud system, the caller does not need to place the initial call from the desktop phone through the Office Anywhere Portal. When the caller dials *11 in the Office Anywhere Portal, the call will automatically be pulled into the portal and transferred to the landline or phone.
Copyright© 2016 BroadSoft, Inc.
All rights reserved.
Any technical documentation that is made available by BroadSoft, Inc. is proprietary and confidential and is considered the copyrighted work of BroadSoft, Inc.
This publication is for distribution under BroadSoft non-disclosure agreement only. No part of this publication may be duplicated without the express written permission of BroadSoft, Inc., 9737 Washingtonian Boulevard, Suite 350, Gaithersburg, MD 20878.
BroadSoft reserves the right to make changes without prior notice.
Any product names mentioned in this document may be trademarks or registered trademarks of BroadSoft or their respective companies and are hereby acknowledged.
This document is printed in the United States of America.