Follow these tips for providing a great candidate experience to ensure people love working with you.
When candidates enjoy themselves, they’re more likely to keep applying for your shifts, which will help you build a pool of regular staff and get consistency from Catapult staff.
- Make Catapult staff feel welcome by introducing yourself and the team and get them involved in your pre shift briefing.
- Show them where they can store their personal items and/or get changed, and let them know of any rules you have (ie. do they need to have their phone locked away?).
- Show them where the toilets and emergency exits are.
- If they’re entitled to a break, let them know their break schedule and show them where the break areas are.
- Let them know who their site/floor manager is.
- Show them where stock is kept and explain when they need to restock.
- Explain how you like the store/venue to operate during full service, so they know what to prioritise during busy periods.
- Make sure they know if they’re floating or need to stay in their station throughout the shift?
- Provide details of your customer base, so they can anticipate customer needs and expectations.
- Make sure you fill them in on any recipes/standard orders/customer sales they need to know.
Ask if they have any questions about the shift.