Custom fields are an easy way for you to ask your fundraiser questions or collect additional info from your fundraisers on CauseVox. Here are four examples of what you can do with this powerful feature:
- Find out the best way to connect with fundraisers (email, social media, etc) and ask for additional contact information
- Ask fundraisers for their t-shirt size if you’re running an athletic event.
- If a family is fundraising under one page, you can collect their names and contact information.
- Figure out where fundraisers heard about your campaign/organization (through a friend, online, etc).
- Opportunity to select any rewards for fundraising.
Here’s how you you easily set up custom fields for your fundraiser signup form:
Step 1: Login to your CauseVox Admin account and select your Fundraising Site.
Step 2: Go to your Settings, and select “Custom Fields” from the left menu.
Step 3: Add a custom field, or a repeating custom field under “Fundraiser Custom Fields.”
A normal field is a field that can only be filled out once, which is typically used in situations where only your fundraiser is answering questions only on their own behalf.
A repeating field is a field that the fundraiser can add rows to, so that the question can be answered multiple times. This is best used in a situation where a fundraiser is answering questions on behalf of multiple people.
Consider which field fits your needs best, and select either to add a normal custom field or a repeating custom field.
You’re able to add multiple fields, so you can use both types on one fundraiser signup form in any arrangement.
Step 4: Enter in your question, select a field type that helps donors best answer your question, and add values when appropriate.
Field types include:
- Text Line- donors write a short form response
- Text Box- donors write a long form response
- Dropdown Menu- donors select from options provided
- Checkbox- donors check the box in agreement
- Radio- donors are forced to choose one of the options
Any question can be made required.
Step 5: If you’d like up to three questions to appear side by side, you can select “Add Field To Group” and input your custom questions.
Step 6: You can view a preview of your custom fields by selecting the “Preview” tab.
Here’s what group custom fields look like on the fundraiser form:
Here’s an example of how the normal custom field and repeating custom fields in groups can help your organization collect the information you need from fundraisers.
Your fundraisers will fill out their custom field on the first page of their fundraiser setup form.
You’ll be able to see a fundraiser’s custom field answers on when you select Edit Details on an individual’s profile in CauseVox and in the fundraiser export.
Custom fields are available on the Standard Plan.
If you're looking to use Custom Fields for event registration, here's our best practices.
If you're looking to use Custom Fields for a Race, here's our best practices.
If you have any questions on custom fields and how to use it, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.