Here are the steps to side load CloudExtend Excel Add-in on your Windows desktop
Step 1: Share a Folder
- On the Windows computer where you want to host your add-in, go to the parent folder, or drive letter, and create a folder there.
- Open the context menu for the newly created folder (right-click) and choose Properties.
- Open the Sharing tab.
- On the Choose people ... page, add yourself and and anyone else with whom you want to share your add-in. If they are all members of a security group, you can add the group. You will need at least Read/Write permission to the folder.
- Choose Share > Done > Close
Step 2: Specify the shared folder as a trusted catalog
- Open a new document in Excel
- Choose the File tab, and then choose Options.
- Choose Trust Center, and then choose the Trust Center Settings button.
- Choose Trusted Add-in Catalogs.
- In the Catalog Url box, enter the full network path to the shared folder catalog, and then choose Add Catalog.
- Select the Show in Menu check box, and then choose OK.
- Close the Office application so your changes will take effect
Step 3: Sideload your Add-in
- Put the manifest file of any add-in that you are testing in the shared folder catalog. Note that you deploy the web application itself to a web server. Be sure to specify the URL in the SourceLocation element of the manifest file.
- In Excel, select My Add-ins on the Insert tab of the ribbon.
- Choose SHARED FOLDER at the top of the Office Add-ins dialog box.
- Select the name of the add-in and choose OK to insert the add-in.