We have rebuilt the entire app from the ground up with a lot of user experience and performance improvements. This is our biggest release yet for CloudExtend Excel for Salesforce. See all of the changes in our recorded webinar.
Highlights of the release:
- New template designer with the ability to search and select fields more quickly.
- Reorder fields to desired position in the table.
- More easily see which fields are included/excluded.
- Flexible Tables:This release also makes CloudExtend Templates (Tables) more flexible in ExcelRow 1 is used to hold the mapping data from Excel to Salesforce. Pro users can edit these values and even insert columns on the fly and associate them with Salesforce fields without going back to the Template Editor.Table columns can be rearranged without editing the template in Task PaneTable columns can be deleted without having to change the template and reload the table again.Unbounded columns ,i.e, columns not linked to a Salesforce field, can be added to the table. These may be useful for calculating values based on other columns in the table or even a related Workbook.A bounded column which s linked to a Salesforce field, can be added to the table at any place. This is recommended only for Pro users.
- Picklist EnhancementsCloudExtend Excel can now dynamically identify picklist values while you type enter data into sheet.Example : If you have an account number “44551 Gokart”, with this new enhancement , you can just enter “44551” in Excel cell while entering your data and CloudExtend with fetch the complete picklist value from Salesforce and update the cell dynamically . If it finds multiple matches for entered value, user will be alerted to pick the correct value by clicking on the view picklist values in task pane.Users will see the following visual cues to know if a picklist value is automatically identified or not.Excel cell turns grey when CloudExtend is identifying the value of picklistTurns normal once lookup is done and successfulTurns yellow if there is no match or there are multiple matches (i.e. when manual intervention is required).
- Template SharingUsers can share the CloudExtend templates simply by sharing their Workbook with other users over Email, Instant Messenger, or saving in a shared directory such as OneDrive.Receiving users need to just open the Workbook and load the CloudExtend App. CloudExtend will automatically recognize the table and give licensed users options to download or upload new data.
- Create and update multiple related Objects in one goWith new release, users can create and update multiple related objects at one go.Example : Users can create a new account and associated contacts with one click. Users can do this creating a template on Account and including related contact fields.A brief video overview of how this can be achieve using CloudExtend Excel for Salesforce
- Better API performanceWith use of REST API composite resources, CloudExtend now makes fewer API calls to perform data operations.
- Record batchingData operations are now batched for better API performance. The following are the default batch sizesUpload 2000 records /batchRefresh - 500 records/batchDownload - 2000 records/batch
- Enhanced NotificationsAfter a successful upsert activity the Object ids of the record in Column 2 change to Green Color textindicating that the upsert activity is successful for that given record.Contextual status updates shown during data operations activities against current static notification.
- Import templatesNew users can now import a ready to use templates to download or add new data to Salesforce.
- LimitationsOnly 50 records can be created/Updated/Deleted during trial period.Only one template(table) can be added to a worksheet.Row 1 of worksheet contains references to Salesforce fields and should not be edited by users.
Important note to Existing Users:
Existing users would be required to reload the templates into sheet before they can perform data operations.