Internet Explorer is integrated with the Windows operating system. Microsoft add-in functionality and performance is based on Internet Explorer's settings.
⚠️ CloudExtend Apps typically perform well with default Internet Explorer settings. In some cases users may have made changes that will reduce overall functionality. If you are experiencing issues with the App and are using a PC follow these steps even if Internet Explorer is not set as your default web browser.
Configure Your Internet Explorer Settings
Close all Internet Explorer windows and all running programs on your machine.
Press the Windows Key + R on your keyboard to open the 'Run' command prompt.
Enter inetcpl.cpl and click OK to open Internet Explorer Settings.
Select the 'Advanced' tab, then click Restore Advanced Settings, then click Reset.
'Reset Internet Explorer Settings' opens. Select Delete Personal Settings, then click Reset.
Press the Windows Key + R on your keyboard to open the 'Run' command prompt again and enter inetcpl.cpl
On the 'General' tab, click Delete.
'Delete Browsing History' opens. Make the following selections, then click Delete:
Deselect Preserve Favorites website data
Select Temporary Internet files and website files
Select Cookies and website data
Under 'Temporary Internet Files and History Settings', select Every time I visit the webpage and enter 250 in the 'Disk space to use..' field. 50.
- Note: You may also need to review and remove cache limits set by a group policy under the 'Caches and Databases' tab if any exist.
On the 'Security' tab, click Trusted Sites, then click Sites. In the 'Trusted sites' window, enter https://*.cloudextend.io in the 'Add this website to the zone' field. Click Add, then click Close.
On the 'Security' tab, click 'Trusted sites', then click Custom. Under 'Security Settings - Trusted Sites Zone', complete the following actions:
- In the 'Reset to:' field, select Low, then click Reset. Click Yes on the warning dialog box.
- In the 'Websites in less privileged web content zone can navigate into this zone', click Enable, then select Enabled for 'Display mixed content', and click OK. Click Yes on the warning dialog box.
- In the 'Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe for scripting' field, select Enable.
Restart your computer.
Review your Internet Explorer settings and confirm that your new settings remain applied.
- Note: Depending on your permissions, changes may revert. If this occurs, contact your system administrator.
In Internet Explorer Settings, click the 'Privacy' tab, then click Sites. In the field that displays, enter cloudextend.io and click Allow. Click OK.
On the 'Privacy' tab, click Advanced, then select Accept for both 'First-party cookies' and 'Third-party cookies'. Select Always allow session cookies, then click OK.
- Note: Depending on your version of Internet Exƒplorer, you may need to select Override automatic cookie handling to complete this step.
Click the 'Advanced' tab. Select Allow active content to run in files on My Computer and deselect Check for server certificate revocation.
Click the 'Connections' tab, then click LAN Settings. Ensure that none of the boxes are selected.
- Note: If your network uses a proxy server, consult your IT help desk or system administrator. By default, the first box, 'Automatically detect settings', is selected. If there are no proxy servers on your network, deselect this option and click OK.
Close the 'Internet Explorer Settings' window, the re-open Internet Explorer. This completes the settings configuration process.