What is CloudExtend Autopilot?
Autopilot enables Gmail users to put an email thread on Autopilot, ie once you attach the email to a NetSuite record all subsequent emails in the same thread will automatically attach to the same set of records. Learn more about Autopilot here.
⚠️ IMPORTANT CloudExtend Autopilot relies on having access to NetSuite entities. By default this includes partners. If partner management in NetSuite is not enabled please enable it at Setup -> Company -> Enable Features -> CRM -> Partner Relationship Management. This is required even if you do not plan on using Partner Relationship Management.
Admin Steps to Enable Autopilot
First, make sure your organization has a subscription that includes Autopilot. Our sales team (firstname.lastname@example.org) can check this for you. Proceed with the steps below only after your eligibility has been confirmed.
⚠️ IMPORTANT - The authorization step below must be taken for each G Suite domain you will be using. Failure to complete the authorization for each domain will cause Autopilot to fail when processing emails for unauthorized domains.
Authorize Autopilot (G Suite Admin)
Your G Suite Admin will need to make a few changes to allow the proper permissions for CloudExtend Autopilot to work.
- Navigate to the G Suite Admin console to manage client API access. This setting can be found at Security=> API controls => Domain wide delegation => MANAGE DOMAIN WIDE DELEGATION (if the path provided is not showing for you let us know as Google changes this path from time to time).
- Add a new api client with the following details for Client Name and API scopes and click 'Authorize'. Note the scope list below is already comma separated for you.
Client Id (Name)
API Scopes (copy as is, including comma)
⚠️ IMPORTANT - If your org has multiple G Suite domains repeat the steps above for each one. Failure to complete the authorization for each domain will cause Autopilot to fail when processing emails for unauthorized domains.
IMPORTANT - After the steps below are completed it will take up to 5 minutes for all the users to have access to Autopilot. The NetSuite configuration consists of two steps, create access tokens and enable Autopilot.
Enable Rich Text Editing
Using the same Admin role navigate to Home->Preferences and enable 'use rich text editing' on the Appearance tab. CloudExtend will respect this as the tokens (next step) will associate the admin preferences for CloudExtend. Without this setting emails will be synced as html.
Create Access Tokens
Using the same Admin role (this is important as the tokens will take on the role of the currently logged in user, if you prefer not to use Admin role be sure the role has edit access to all NetSuite records, including custom records).
- From the home page (scroll to bottom left), select 'Manage Access Tokens' and then select 'New My Access Token'.
- Select the application, Celigo CloudExtend for Google Apps, accept the default name provided, and click 'Save'.
- Save the Token ID and Secret in a secure location such as LastPass as this page will not be available to to you again. If you lose them you can, however, recreate them.
Now that you have your token and secret you are ready for the final step.
👉Note, the user performing the steps below must also have a CloudExtend Gmail license allocated to them (even if only temporary to perform this action) before the Autopilot settings will be visible.
Typically a NetSuite Admin will perform the steps below. If desired, permissions can be allocated to non admin roles as outlined here.
- Open the CloudExtend setup wizard by going to Setup->Custom->Celigo CloudExtend Setup. Navigate to step 2 by clicking Next.
- Look for the "Autopilot settings" configuration pane. (Note: This is only visible for accounts that have a license (including beta) for Autopilot. The user performing the setup must also have a valid Gmail license if enabling Autopilot.
- Enter the Token ID and Secret from the above step and click Submit.
To disable Autopilot for all users select 'Off' and then press Submit.
Educate end users
Provide your end users with a link to this article that provides an FAQ on Autopilot.
- For users that have a Gmail address that is different than their NetSuite email address (and have used the CloudExtend email mapping tool) Autopilot will fail.
- File attachments will only be added on the initial attach, subsequent emails on Autopilot will not attach files automatically.