As a parent, you can sign up on different Activities on ClassTag. These Activities are Events, To-Do List, Parent Teacher Conference, and Volunteer Request.
HOW TO SIGN UP FOR ACTIVITIES
To sign up on Activity, please follow these steps.
- Log in on ClassTag and go to “Activities”.
2. Look for the Activity you’d like to sign up on. Depending on the type of Activity, you’ll see different buttons to click on to sign up. Please see the steps below for the steps on how you can sign up on different types of activities.
- On the Parent-Teacher Conference Activity, look for “Choose timeslot” and click on it to see the available slots.
2. Look for the timeslot you’d like to sign up on and click on it to assign yourself.
3. After you clicked on the plus sign, you’ll now see your name and the date and time you signed up on.
CHANGE OF SCHEDULE:
- If there’s a need to change the schedule you’ve signed up for, look for your schedule and click on the circle before your name.
2. A pop-up window will appear. Click on the “Confirm” button.
3. Choose another available slot by clicking on the plus icon.
4. After you clicked on the “Assign” button, you’ll now see your name and the date and time you signed up on.
5. You can also add the conference on your calendar by clicking on the gear icon and “Add to calendar”.
VOLUNTEER TO BRING ITEMS FOR AN EVENT
Teachers sometimes ask parents to bring item for an event. Please follow these instructions on how you can volunteer to bring an item.
- Look for the Event that you’d like to sign up on and click on the plus key for the item you’d like to bring.
2. After you click on the plus sign, you’ll now be able to see your name on the right side of the item, with the date and time the teacher is asking you to bring it.
- If you want to bring another item, please click on the plus key next to the item.
- Teachers can ask for multiple parents to bring the same item. You can see who will bring what and the list of items that are available to choose from by clicking on “Show More”.
CHANGE OF ITEM TO BRING
- If you need to change the item that you’ve signed up for to bring, look for that item and click on the circle on the left side.
2. A pop-up window will appear. Click “Confirm”.
3. Items with a plus icon mean that it is available for you to choose. Click on any item to assign it to yourself.
4. You will now see that the new item is assigned to you. Click the checkbox of “Mark Complete” only after you’ve completed bringing the item.
Teachers can also ask you to do something for the class. This maybe donating a similar item (e.g., book) for the class to use or completing a task (e.g., review the child’s class card).
If you’d like to participate and do the task, please look for the request to get more information of what the teacher is asking you to do, and date and time when you are being asked to do it.
Once you’ve completed the task, you can tick the “Mark complete” box to indicate that you’ve already done it.
Teachers can ask you to volunteer for a certain task. This could be for an event preparation or anything they need your help on.
- If you’d like to sign up as a volunteer, look for the Volunteer Request and click on the plus sign. If you don’t see any plus sign, it means that the teacher has already enough volunteer and is no longer needing any new parent to sign up.
2. You’ll then see your name on the bottom part indicating that you’ve volunteered for the event.
- If you decide not to volunteer anymore, please go to the Volunteer Request and click your name.
2. A pop-up window will appear. Please click “Confirm”.