As a Teacher, we understand that there will be times that you won’t be able to respond to your parents right away. Probably you are on leave, on school break or extremely busy, and you won’t have enough time to respond to the parents’ messages on ClassTag, but would like them to know about it.
On ClassTag, you can now set your availability based on your Office Hours or when you’re generally available to respond to messages.
When you set your office hours on ClassTag, the following will happen when parents send you a message outside of your Office Hours:
1. Push notification on the mobile app will turn off automatically.
2. Parents will be notified that you won’t be able to respond right away. There are two areas where they will be notified about this:
a. On the upper part of the conversation window.
b. On the avatar icon next to your name or the parent's name. When they click on it, another window will appear that will show all the participants in the conversation. There's an icon next to your name that indicates that you're away.
To set your Office Hours, please follow these steps:
1. Log in on ClassTag.
2. Click the three horizontal lines on the upper left side of the page.
3. Click “Account Settings”.
4. Go to “Communications” tab.
5. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the button that says “OFF” to turn on your office hours. It will turn to green.
6. If this is the first time you’re going to switch on your Office Hours, it will show a default time of Mon-Fri, from 8 am to 6 pm your local time.
7. To edit the days, click on it first.
8. Choose the days of your Office hours. For the example below, we’ll choose Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
9. To edit the hours, click the drop-down menu and choose the time.
10. If your hours vary on different days, you can add the day and time one at a time by clicking on plus key button.
11. If you need to remove any day, you can click on the trash icon. A pop-up window will appear. Click the “Confirm” button.
12. Lastly, don’t forget to click on the blue “Save Changes” button.