- Make sure you can enter the auction room and are verified
- Check your system requirements - to ensure you have no issues bidding
- Understand the room and the display icons
- Be familiar with the auction process before the auction
We strongly recommend you review the following guides which are available for your benefit. Note: neither clicktopurchase® nor the selling agent can be held responsible for your failure to adequately prepare for the auction.
1. Make sure you can enter the auction room and are verified:
Check in good time that you have cleared the pre-verification process. This is clearly displayed both prior and when you have entered the auction room. Should you have any queries, we recommend you contact the selling agent.
2. Check your system requirements - to ensure you have no issues bidding
To ensure a trouble-free auction experience, it is important to use a device with a modern operating system and browser version.
We strongly recommend you check here
For further information about the clicktopurchase® Auction Requirements, see here
3. Understand the room and the display icons
The Heartbeat shows your connection to the auction room. If your connection drops, refresh by clicking the heart or pressing F5. We are not responsible for poor internet connections from you device.
The Hammer turns green to indicate the auctioneer is in the room. Should the auction be conducted by Artificial Intelligence, the icon will be a cog.
The Bidder Count displays the number of parties currently in the auction room.
The Increment displays the minimum amount allowed for the next bid.
4. Be familiar with the auction process before the auction
It is your responsibility to follow our guides to be able to successfully participate in a clicktopurchase® Auction.
Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us or the selling agent.