You can monitor your students' onboarding progress in two places: on your Rotations dashboard and on your Reports page.
The Dashboard will give you an overview of what steps you need to complete for the student onboarding process. The Reports section will give you detailed information on whether or not steps are complete.
In this article, we will cover:
- Monitoring onboarding on your Dashboard
- Types of onboarding steps
- Generating reports on individual progress
Monitoring onboarding on your Dashboard
To monitor general progress and complete any steps required of you:
- Click Dashboard on your left menu.
- Click Rotation list from the submenu.
- Here, you will see your students' rotations displayed. You can see how rotations are progressing based on what status their rotation(s) are listed under (for example: pending clinical site, onboarding, ready, active, completed, etc.)
- Click here for a list of rotation statuses and their definitions.
If you see a rotation with a circular orange badge on the top right corner of a rotation, it means there are one or more steps that you can complete
You can also filter to view rotations that have steps you can to complete:
- Click + Add filter button.
- Click Has steps I can complete from the dropdown list.
- To view and/or complete these steps, click on the rotation.
- Scroll to the bottom of the rotation details window to view onboarding steps.
- Under the Onboarding steps section, each step specifies who has the ability to complete it:
Once all onboarding steps are complete, the rotation will move into Ready status, indicating that everything is complete, and the student is ready for the first day of their rotation.
Click here to learn how to save these search criteria to easily view saved searches in the future.
Types of onboarding steps
Clinical sites create application and onboarding steps that need to be completed before a rotation begins. Instructions for completing the step and who can complete it are provided for each step. There are three types of steps that students, faculty, and/or school coordinators may need to complete:
- Instructions and file type requirements are specified.
- Click Choose file to select and upload the required documentation.
- Instructions for completing the step will be provided.
- When appropriate, click Mark complete.
- Click Open form to view and complete the requested fields
- Click Save.
If you have questions about a specific onboarding step(s), or directions, you can reach out to the clinical site coordinator for guidance. Click here to learn how.
If an onboarding step isn't functioning correctly, please reach out to Clinician Nexus Support by clicking the chat icon in the bottom right corner of your screen.
Generating reports on individual progress
Teaching institutions have the ability to filter, run, and export a list of onboarding steps that have and haven't been completed for each student, based on criteria you select. With this information, you can determine what step(s) are incomplete and reach out to them if their rotation is coming up with steps still outstanding.
To generate a report:
- Click Dashboard on the left menu.
- Click Reports from the submenu.
- There you can select from a variety of reports that you can run and/or customize to monitor your students and their progress.
Click here for more information about running and saving reports.
Still have questions? Please reach out to us by clicking the chat icon in the bottom right corner of your screen.