This article provides detailed information about what you can include in your Clinician Nexus profile. The content on your Clinician Nexus profile is "public" to other Clinician Nexus community members. To facilitate networking within the clinical education community, other Clinician Nexus users can search for and view the profile you create.
You can add as much or as little content as you would like. You can still search and apply for rotations even if you choose not to add content to all fields in your profile.
- Upload a professional picture
- Brief bio/background
- Student discipline, year of study, and expected graduation date
- Clinical interests, other interests, and languages of proficiency
- Education and experience
- Save changes
- View your public profile
- Additional information
- Click the Account (profile picture) icon on your left menu
- Click Edit my profile from the submenu
Your profile picture lets preceptors, faculty, and coordinators know who you are when you walk in the building, so you aren't just another random face in the crowd.
- Click the Change Photo button below the profile picture icon
- You can then select a picture to upload
- If the photo you select is not uploading it may be because the file size of the image is too large. One quick and easy way to reduce the file size by taking a screenshot of the photo, then uploading the screenshot.
We recommend this Forbes article for those who want to put a lot into it.
Student discipline, year of study, and expected graduation date
Make sure to choose the correct student discipline and year of study to ensure you have access to relevant rotations.
Add clinical interests, other interests, and languages of proficiency
Include your clinical interests and provide a bit of info about who you are outside of the clinical site/school. You can also add any languages that you're proficient in.
Be sure to click the Save changes button after making edits to the "About me" section.
Add your education and experience
Any education, work, or volunteer experience is relevant, even if it isn't directly related to you healthcare career. Experiences will display in the order that they're added (first entry will remain at the top, then second will display below it, etc).
View your public profile
To view the profile you've created and what others will see when they look at your profile:
- Click View my profile in the top right corner of your screen
Here's an example of what it might look like:
- Click here to learn how to edit your account information (name, email address, password).
- Click here to learn how to connect and endorse other Clinician Nexus community members.
- Click here to learn how to search and apply for a rotations.
Still have questions? Reach out by clicking the chat icon in the bottom right corner of your screen.