Clinician Nexus is designed to help you, as a student, manage your clinical rotations. Our platform primarily serves students seeking/applying to rotations independently and students whose school/clinical site coordinators have scheduled their rotations. We help you apply, onboard, and get to know your clinical sites and the people you will be working with.
In this article, we will cover how to:
- Sign up
- Set up your profile
- Find school scheduled rotations
- Search/apply for rotations independently
- Complete onboarding steps
- Ask a question about a rotation
You can sign up for Clinician Nexus independently here: app.cliniciannexus.com/join. After signing up, you will automatically be sent an email to confirm your email address. Open that email and click on the hyperlinked text to confirm your email.
If your school coordinator invited you to join Clinician Nexus, please click on the hyperlinked text provided in the invitation email to set up your account.
If you aren't receiving emails from Clinician Nexus, guidance is available: click here.
Set up your profile
Your profile sets you apart from other students applying for the same rotations and gives preceptors and clinical coordinators more information about you as a person. A well-rounded profile goes a long way!
To personalize your profile:
- Click My account (profile picture icon) from your left menu.
- You will automatically be directed to the Edit my profile page.
On the Edit my profile page, you can:
- Upload a professional picture by clicking Change photo: this helps preceptors and/or clinical site staff know who you are when you walk in the building.
- Write an About Me summary: we recommend this Forbes article for those who want to really put a lot into it.
- If you haven't already, you can select/edit your discipline, year of student, and expected graduation date: make sure to choose the correct information as these fields help determine if you are eligible to view, apply, and/or be scheduled for relevant rotations.
- Include your clinical and other interests/hobbies: let the clinical site staff know what fields you are interested in and give them an idea of who you are outside of the clinic.
- Add any languages that you're proficient in.
- Click Save changes button.
You can also add your:
- Educational experience: any undergrad/graduate school experience is relevant, even if it isn't directly related to your health care career.
- Other experience: volunteer/job experience: this is a good place to put any jobs or volunteer experience you've had. Show us what you've got!
To view your public facing profile, click View my profile in the top right corner of your screen. Here's a sample of what your public profile will look like:
Find school scheduled rotations
If your school coordinator is scheduling your rotations, you can access all scheduled rotations by clicking Dashboard on your left menu. You will automatically be brought to the Rotation List page where you can view all of your rotations.
If you don't see a scheduled rotation displayed on your Rotation List page, please reach out to your school coordinator to verify that they have scheduled your rotation in Clinician Nexus. If they have scheduled it and you still cannot find your rotation, please reach out to Clinician Nexus Support by clicking the chat icon in the bottom right corner of your screen.
Click here for more information on school scheduled rotation management.
You can now proceed down to the Complete onboarding steps section of this article.
Search and apply for rotations independently
To search for rotations and apply to them independently:
- Click Find Clinical Experiences on your main menu
- Enter search criteria and/or filter for rotations of interest.
- You can also use the map to zoom in/out to find rotations by location.
- From the search results, click on rotations to learn more about them.
- To apply for a rotation, click on the rotation of interest, then click the Start application.
- You will be directed to the rotation application.
- Complete the Schedule, Learning objectives, and Application steps. You can click on each section to expand or collapse it to view more or less content.
- Click the Save changes button at the top of your screen to save your work and return to the application at a later time. To return to your application, simply click on the rotation card displayed on your Rotations dashboard.
- Once everything is complete, click the Save and submit request button to submit your application to the clinical site.
- If you no longer want to continue with your rotation application, click the Cancel rotation button.
Click here for more information on searching and applying to rotations independently.
Complete onboarding steps
When your rotation is in "Onboarding status" it means that your rotation has been accepted by the clinical site and you have onboarding steps to complete. These required steps are created by the clinical site. Make sure to complete the steps on time so you're ready for your first day!
To view and complete onboarding steps:
- Click Dashboard from your left menu.
- You will automatically be brought to the Rotations list page.
- Click on the rotation card to open the rotation details window.
- In the rotation details window, you can view information about your rotation.
- Scroll to the bottom of the window to view and complete your onboarding steps.
- Note: Sometimes individual onboarding steps will need to be completed by your school coordinator or the clinical site coordinator. If that step hasn't been completed yet, your rotation will remain in Onboarding status until the coordinator has completed it. Each step will specify who is responsible for completing the step:
Once these steps are complete and/or verified (if applicable), your rotation will move into Ready status. Click here for a list of all rotation statuses and definitions.
Ask a question about a rotation
If you have questions about onboarding or the rotation itself:
- Click Rotations from your left dashboard menu.
- Click on the rotation of interest.
- Add your message in the comment box .
- Optionally, you can tag the person(s) you are directing your message to by typing "@" and selecting their name from the dropdown box.
- Click Add comment.
- Please note: all parties on the rotation will be notified when a new comment has been added.
You also have the option to click into the profile of the coordinator and connect with them. Once you've connected, you can send a direct message.
More details on how to communicate in Clinician Nexus can be found here.
- Not receiving email notifications from Clinician Nexus: click here
- Closed rotation guidance: click here.
- Unable to create a Clinician Nexus account: click here
Still have questions? Please reach out to us by clicking the chat icon in the bottom right corner of your screen.