Clinician Nexus is designed to help you, as a student, get onboarded and ready for your upcoming rotation. The following guide will walk you through completing your profile and the onboarding process for the rotation that was set up by your coordinator.
This article is catered towards students whose coordinator will be scheduling their rotations. If you are a student who is looking to search and apply for rotations independently, please click here for more information.
In this article, we will cover:
- Signing up
- Setting up your profile
- Rotation scheduling information
- Completing onboarding steps
- Asking a question about a rotation
- Common challenges
Once your school coordinator invites you to join Clinician Nexus, you will receive an automated email. Please click on the hyperlinked text provided in the invitation email to get started setting up your account.
You can sign up for Clinician Nexus independently here: app.cliniciannexus.com/join. After signing up, you will automatically be sent an email to confirm your email address. Open that email and click on the hyperlinked text to confirm your email address.
If you aren't receiving emails from Clinician Nexus, guidance is available: click here.
Setting up a full profile
Your profile sets you apart from other students applying for the same rotations and gives faculty, preceptors, and clinical coordinators more information about you as a person. A well-rounded profile goes a long way!
To personalize your profile:
- Click the Account (profile picture) icon from your left dashboard menu
- You will automatically be directed to the Edit my profile page
On the Edit my profile page:
- Click Change photo to upload a professional picture. This helps faculty, preceptors, and/or clinical site staff know who you are when you walk in the building.
- Write an About Me summary: we recommend this Forbes article for those who want to really put a lot into it.
- If you haven't already, you can select/edit your discipline, year of student, and expected graduation date. Selecting the correct information ensures that you are able to be scheduled for the correct rotations.
- Add your clinical and other interests/hobbies. Let the clinical site staff know what fields you are interested in and give them an idea of who you are outside of the clinic.
- Add any languages that you're proficient in.
- Click Save changes button.
You can also add your:
- Educational experience: any undergrad/graduate school experience is relevant, even if it isn't directly related to your health care career.
- Other experience: volunteer/job experience: this is a good place to put any jobs or volunteer experience you've had. Show us what you've got!
To view your public facing profile, click View my profile in the top right corner of your screen. Here's a sample of what your public profile will look like once you're done:
Rotation scheduling information
When you have been scheduled for a rotation, you can access it by:
- Clicking Dashboard from your left menu.
- Click Rotation list from your submenu.
If you don't see your rotation displayed, your school coordinator simply may not have scheduled it in Clinician Nexus yet.
If your coordinator has scheduled your rotation in Clinician Nexus and you do not see it on your Rotations page, please reach out to Clinician Nexus Support by clicking the chat icon in the bottom right corner of your screen.
Completing onboarding steps
Each clinical site has different onboarding requirements for you to complete before your first day. Be sure to complete the steps on time so you're ready for your first day!
To view and complete all onboarding steps for your rotation(s):
- Click on the rotation card to open the rotation details window.
- In the rotation details window, you can view information about your rotation.
- Scroll to the bottom of the window to view and complete your onboarding steps.
- Each onboarding step will specify whether the step is incomplete, complete, or pending verification.
- Each step also specifies who can complete it. Sometimes, individual onboarding steps will need to be completed by your school coordinator or the clinical site coordinator. If that step hasn't been completed yet, your rotation will remain in Onboarding status until the coordinator has completed it.
Once all steps are complete and/or verified (if applicable), your rotation will automatically move into Ready status. This means you're all set to start!
- Click here for a list of all rotation statuses and definitions.
Asking a question about a rotation
If you have questions about onboarding or the rotation itself, you can ask your question directly in your rotation details window:
- Click Dashboard from your left menu.
- On the Rotation List page, click on the rotation you're inquiring about.
- In the rotation details window, add your message in the comment box .
- Optionally, you can tag the person(s) you are directing your message to by typing "@" and selecting their name from the dropdown box.
- Click Add comment.
- Please note: all parties on the rotation will be notified when a new comment has been added.
You also have the option to click into the profile of the coordinator and connect with them. Once you've connected, you can send a direct message.
More details on how to communicate in Clinician Nexus can be found here.
- Not receiving email notifications from Clinician Nexus: click here
- Closed rotation guidance: click here.
- Unable to create a Clinician Nexus account: click here
- Receiving too many notifications: click here
Still have questions? Please reach out to us by clicking the chat icon on the bottom right corner of your screen.