With the intricacy of clinical rotations comes a need to ask questions, gain clarification, and communicate efficiently with all parties involved.
There are three ways to communicate with other community members in Clinician Nexus:
- Use the comment box in a rotation window
- Connect and send a direct message
- Access an organization's contact information from their profile
1. Use the comment box in a rotation window
To reach out to a coordinator, faculty, and/or preceptor about an existing rotation, the most direct way to communicate is through the comment box in your rotation window.
To do so:
- Click Dashboard from your left menu.
- Click on the rotation that you're inquiring about.
- Add your message to the comment box found under the Activity section on the right side of the window.
- Optionally, you can tag the person(s) you are directing your comment towards by typing "@" and selecting the person's name from the dropdown list.
- Click the Add comment button.
- A notification will automatically be sent to all parties on the rotation alerting them that your comment has been added.
- Messages added in the comment box are visible to all parties on the rotation.
2. Connect and send a direct message
To send a private, direct message to another person in Clinician Nexus, you will first need to connect with them. To do so:
- Click the Search icon from the left menu
- Click People or organizations from the submenu
- Search for the person you'd like to contact and click on their name from the list of results to view their profile.
- When on their profile, click the blue Connect button to request to connect.
- Once your connection request has been accepted, click Messages on your left dashboard menu to send a direct message.
To view, accept, and/or reject pending connection requests from other community members, click the Connections icon from your left dashboard menu.
For more information about Connections and Endorsements in Clinician Nexus, click here.
3. Access an organization's contact information from their profile
Some organizations post their email address and telephone number on their Clinician Nexus profile page. To find an organization's profile page, please:
- Click Search from the left menu.
- Click People or organizations from the submenu.
- Enter the name of the organization into the search field.
- Click on the organization from the list of results to view their profile.
If an organization has added contact information, it will display underneath their profile picture. You can then call or email them outside of Clinician Nexus.
Still have questions? Please reach out to us by clicking the chat icon in the bottom right corner of your screen.