- Why rotations close
- How to close a rotation
- Where to find closed rotations
- How to prevent a rotation from closing
- Reopening a closed rotation
Why rotations close
Rotations can close automatically or manually.
- Automatically: A rotation will automatically close if application or onboarding steps are not complete prior to the rotation start date. Rotations also close automatically if a clinical site doesn't accept an application or verify steps by the start date.
- Manually: Students, clinical sites, and schools can close a rotation intentionally for a variety of reasons, such as: scheduling conflicts, applicant doesn't meeting site requirements, etc.
When a rotation closes, the reason will display just below the closed status at the top of the screen when you click into the Rotation Details window. The closure will be tracked under the Activity section:
How to close a rotation manually
- Click on a rotation that you would like to close from your Dashboard.
- Click the Cancel rotation button in the top right corner of your screen.
- A popup window will display and ask you to provide a reason for closing the rotation.
- Click the Close rotation button.
Where to find closed rotations
- Click Dashboard from your left menu.
- At the top of page, click Archived to view all completed and closed rotations.
- Click All to view active and archived rotations,
How to prevent your rotation from closing automatically
- Complete your onboarding steps before your rotation start date: here's how
- Communicate with school and/or clinical site coordinators if you have questions: here's how
Reopening a closed rotation
If you have a rotation that closed and you would like it to be reopened, communicate with the clinical site coordinator(s) to see what options are available: here's how.
- Definitions of all Clinician Nexus rotation statuses can be found here.
Still have questions? Please reach out to us by clicking the chat icon in the bottom right corner of your screen.