Clinician Nexus is designed to help teaching institutions, clinical sites, and students manage clinical rotations. As a faculty member, we are here to help you onboard and get aquatinted with students that you will be instructing.
In this article, we will cover how to:
- Sign up
- Set up your profile
- Schedule rotations
- Find scheduled rotations and complete onboarding steps
- Communicating about a rotation
You can sign up for Clinician Nexus independently here: app.cliniciannexus.com/join. After signing up, you will automatically be sent an email to confirm your email address. Open that email and click on the hyperlinked text to confirm your email address.
If a school coordinator invites you to join Clinician Nexus, please click on the hyperlinked text provided in the invitation email to set up your account.
If you aren't receiving emails from Clinician Nexus, guidance is available: click here.
Set up your profile
Your profile provides students and colleagues with more information about you as a person and a professional.
To personalize your profile:
- Click the My account (profile picture) icon from your left menu.
- You will automatically be directed to the Edit my profile page.
On the Edit my profile page, you can:
- Upload a professional picture by clicking Change photo: this helps students and/or colleagues know who to look for during the rotation.
- Write an About me summary to help others learn more you.
- Include your clinical and other interests/hobbies.
- Add any languages that you're proficient in.
- Click Save changes button.
You can also add your:
- Educational experience: any undergrad/graduate school experience.
- Other experience: volunteer/job experience: this is a good place to put any jobs or volunteer experience you've had.
To view your public facing profile, click View my profile in the top right corner of your screen. Here's a sample of what your public profile will look like once you're done:
Schedule student rotations
In many cases, coordinators will schedule your rotations in Clinician Nexus. As faculty, you also have the ability to schedule student rotations if you and your colleagues prefer that workflow. It may be helpful to communicate with the coordinators to see what process will work best.
If you will be scheduling student rotations, you will need to ensure first that the clinical site you're working with has set up the service areas for rotations and their capacity to accept students. A school coordinator will also need to add the students to Clinician Nexus before you can schedule the rotations.
Then, to schedule students, click +Schedule students on your left menu.
- Select the agreement that applies to to the rotation(s) you'll be scheduling.
- Choose the service capacity.
- Select the date range and/or shifts that the rotation to take place.
- Select the student(s) to be scheduled.
- Add yourself as faculty on the rotation.
- Add any additional comments and click Submit.
Find scheduled rotations and complete onboarding steps
Once you are scheduled a faculty on a rotation, either by you or a coordinator, it will appear on your Dashboard/Rotation list page. There, you will be to click on the rotation to view rotation details and complete any onboarding steps required by the clinical site.
To view rotation details and/or complete your onboarding steps:
- Click Dashboard from your left menu.
- You will automatically be directed the the Rotations list page.
- Click on the rotation to open the rotation details window.
- In the rotation details window, you can view the student(s) and staff on the rotation, location, schedule, and learning objectives. You can click on different sections (people, schedule, etc.) to expand/condense your view and see more/less information as desired.
- At the bottom of the window you will find any onboarding steps that the clinical site requires you complete before the rotation begins. Each step will provide directions on how to complete it.
- Please note: Sometimes individual onboarding steps will need to be completed by a coordinator. If that step hasn't been completed yet, your rotation will remain in Onboarding status until the coordinator has completed it. Each step will specify who is responsible for completing the step:
Once these steps are complete and/or verified (if applicable), your rotation will move into Ready status. Click here for a list of all rotation statuses and definitions.
Communicating about a rotation
If you need to reach out to the students, school coordinator, or clinical site staff about the rotation, you can do so directly in the rotatation details window:
- Add your message to the comment box (found under the Activity section).
- Optionally, you can tag the person(s) you are directing your message to by typing "@" and selecting their name from the dropdown list.
- Click Add comment.
- Please note: all parties on the rotation will be notified when a new comment has been added.
You also have the option to click into the profile of the student or coordinator and request connect with them. Once you've connected, you can send a direct message.
More details on how to communicate in Clinician Nexus can be found here.
- Teaching institution roles and permissions: click here
- Edit your notification settings: click here
- Not receiving email notifications from Clinician Nexus: click here
- Closed rotation guidance: click here.
- Unable to create a Clinician Nexus account: click here
Still have questions? Please reach out to us by clicking the chat icon in the bottom right corner of your screen.