In this article, you will learn how to use the Guided Access feature within your iPhone or iPad to lock your device in KioskClock™ mode. Guided Access limits users to one specific app, and ensures that private information inside other apps isn't exposed to KioskClock™ users while they are clocking in and out. 😃
Using Guided Access with KioskClock™, employees can focus on punching in/out, while administrators can rest easy that their company emails and Candy Crush high-scores are safely hidden from view. It also prevents anyone from accidentally pressing the home screen and leaving the ClockShark app.
Let's learn how to set this up! (Note: if you use an Android tablet or smartphone, your help article can be found here)
How to enable Guided Access on iPhone and iPad
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on General.
- Tap on Accessibility.
- Scroll down to the Learning section and tap on Guided Access.
- Tap the switch to turn on Guided Access.
- Tap on Passcode Settings.
- Tap Set Guided Access Passcode and set a passcode. (Note: if you already use Touch ID to unlock your device, you can enable it for Guided Access by tapping the switch next to Touch ID.)
- Switch Accessibility Shortcut to On. This allows you to press the Home button three times and conveniently enter/exit Guided Access mode.
How to Enable Guided Access for ClockShark's KioskClock™
- Launch the ClockShark mobile app. From the slide-out menu, press KioskClock™ and enter your KioskClock™ Administrator PIN.
- Triple click the Home button to launch Guided Access.
- Tap the Options button in the bottom left corner to choose whether the volume buttons, sleep/wake button, and other settings should be accessible in Guided Access mode. Tap Done to save your choices.
- Tap on Start in the top right of the screen to begin Guided Access.
Now that Guided Access is enabled for ClockShark, anyone attempting to leave the app by pressing the Home button will be asked to enter the Guided Access passcode, or to use their Touch ID. Without the passcode or Touch ID, the device will always open to the ClockShark app, even if the device falls asleep. 📴
Since the device is in KioskClock™ mode, users will also need an Administrator's PIN to navigate to any other part of the ClockShark app. It's all extra assurance that the attention of KioskClock™ users never wanders outside the ClockShark KioskClock™.
Congratulations! You now know how to restrict app access on your iPhone or iPad to the ClockShark mobile app, and how to specifically enable it for KioskClock™. You have your privacy and peace of mind, and your employees have a distraction-free experience while clocking in and out. 📲
If you have any other questions about how to set up Guided Access for your company's devices, please let us know at email@example.com, or by giving our 5-Star Customer success team a quick call at 1-800-828.0689. We're happy to help! 😃
Remember: ClockShark's KioskClock™ is the ideal tool when you have multiple employees clocking in and out at one location. KioskClock™ transforms a tablet or smartphone into a time station where employees can clock and out, using an easy 4-digit PIN. Portable and powerful, KioskClock™ perfectly fits in at your job site, warehouse, or company office. You can read more here.