A consultation task is free to post and explain a bit about what you are hoping to achieve by speaking with one of our experts.
Some ideas of what clients use the consultation for include:
- if you're stuck on something and need advice on how to get unstuck
- if you have a large complex project (site or plugin) that you need help scoping out properly
- if you'd like a walkthrough of how to use your site
- if you would like to implement a specific site/setup and would like to know the best configuration of which theme+plugins to use to accomplish your goals
- And just about anything else you can think of that can be done in 1 hour...
And don't worry if you go over that 1 hour. If you're feeling good and getting value and you'd like to keep going, then your expert can create an additional task for more time.
Once you've posted a consultation task, then our experts will be able to find it and the ones best suited will begin the conversation to confirm they understand what you're looking to achieve and the one's best suited will apply for it.
Please confirm a date/time before hiring a developer or funding it to begin so that you can make sure both of your times/dates are in alignment as you may be in a different time zone than the developers you're speaking with.
We also suggest that you confirm what you hope to achieve as a result of the consultation. For example, if you would like a scope document created with your project details, please mention that as it may impact the amount of actual speaking time that is available if they will also need to create a document afterwards.
You're basically buying an hour of our developers' time and may use it however you find most beneficial for you.
You may then hire the developer you feel most comfortable with, deposit your $59 into escrow and the 2 of you can hop on a call, Skype call, Hangout, or simply chat back/forth in the private workroom...
Let us know if you have any questions about Consultations and we'll be happy to help.