Absolutely! If you are unavailable for a certain period of time and would like to keep your room while saving on rent, you can sublet your room with Cozy for a temporary period of time.

How does it work?

Cozy will advertise your room for the requested sublet dates and arrange for viewings of the room. In case a suitable renter is found, Cozy will deduct a 20% subletting fee for those dates and reimburse you for the remaining 80%.

For example: If your rent is $550/mo and you wish to sublet your room for 15 nights, the temporary renters rent would be $18.33 x 15 = $275
Cozy will deduct $220 from your rent and charge a $75 subletting fee.


Things to keep in mind:

  • Cozy will reimburse you for the occupied sublet dates only. For example, if you are looking to sublet your room for 30 days and a suitable renter is found for 15 days only, you will be responsible for covering the rent for the remaining 15 days.
  • You can allocate one closet space for storing your items and belongings. Please make sure to store all your items in this space to make room for the temporary renter.
  • Cozy reserves the right to accept or decline any renters after carefully vetting them and asking for identity verification.


If you have any questions please feel free to contact the Cozy booking team for more!

Did this answer your question?