Congratulations, you have created your Charity Profile page on Crowdfunder! A Charity Profile is a landing page for your charity on Crowdfunder where anyone can find and donate to your charity or start a fundraiser to join your cause.
You might be wondering what features your Charity Profile page has and how to navigate your way around the dashboard to get what you need, such as starting a project or reporting. This guide will help!
How does my Charity Profile appear to supporters?
This is how the profile page appears to the public from all the information that you added when building your profile page.
1. Charity name and registration details.
2. Charity logo.
3. Video or Image if you didn't add a video.
4. Donate buttons- Here supporters can make a single donation or set up a monthly recurring donation. If your profile is linked to Nectar Donate then, when supporters click the Donate button, they will be allowed to link their Nectar account and spend their points on your charity.
5. Charity profile description.
6. Total raised so far- This includes any fundraiser or project totals that have been set up from your charity profile. You can also see how many people have donated or set up fundraisers beneath this. The estimated GiftAid is how much you should be able to claim from HMRC.
7. When supporters click this button, they will be taken to a different page where they can set up a fundraiser to raise money for your charity (for example a sponsored run). The money raised from these will feed into your total raised and go straight to your charity bank account via the financials you set up with your Charity Profile page.
Further down the page you can also see a list of any fundraisers that are currently set up, a total of Nectar Points donated (providing you have Nectar Donate set up) and any donations and comments that have been made to your Charity Profile.
When supporting a charity with Nectar Donate set up, the Donate button will take you to the checkout where you can select to pay via Nectar Points if you have linked your Nectar account.
How does my Charity Profile appear to me?
When you are logged in you will see 'My Charity' in the top left of your profile. This gives you an overview of your charity stats and the option to view more information in 'View reports'. You can also 'Edit profile' or see how your profile appears to supporters in 'View profile'.
It also gives you the totals you have raised from any projects and the option to start a new one, or a prize draw. And, gives you the totals from any fundraisers that have set up their projects for your charity.
This is a summary of all funds raised on your profile. If you previously had a charity page with Crowdfunder in partnership with Charities Trust, this will show underneath with a total raised.
For further details and functionality in your Charity Profile, click on 'View reports' and you will get your functional Charity dashboard.
To the left-hand side, you have a list of tabs that contain all the features in your Charity Profile dashboard.
From the Overview tab, you can start a project or a prize draw. See this guide for further information on starting a project from your Charity Profile. You will also find your Charity Profile stats, timeline, donation sources and more detailed breakdown figures.
From the Promo tab, you will find all the links you need to share on social platforms, promote your Profile via QR code, create links directly to your checkout page, create trackable links and add a widget to your website.
From the Updates tab, you can post a general update to display on your Profile. This will also be sent to any of your supporters via email that has opted into marketing and Profile updates.
From the Comments tab you can see all of the comments on your Profile and if you need to you have the option to hide comments from public view.
From the Fundraisers tab, you can see who is running fundraisers for your charity. You can also send them a message from this section.
From the Supporters tab, you can see everyone who has donated to your profile. You can choose to view this as direct pledges or include the information from your fundraisers too.
You can also send your supporters messages from this tab however you must only use this messaging service to contact supporters about specific issues as you risk breaching data protection rules if you send anything that could be classed as marketing. See our guide on marketing emails for more information about this.
7. From the Regular Donations tab, you can see any supporters who have set up a recurring monthly donation to your charity and how much they are giving.
8. From the Manage project tab, you can edit your profile and download the reports that enable you to claim Gift Aid and see details of all the supporters and their donations to your charity. See this guide for further information on the reporting downloads.