Meal plans have long been a prominent feature of the fitness and nutrition industry.
Unfortunately, most of the time, meal plans don’t work. Here are some of the key reasons:
- Traditional meal plans are explicit prescriptions. They usually say 'Eat this exact thing, in this exact amount, at this exact time.' Unfortunately, when we try to follow rigid prescriptions like this, lots can (and often does) go wrong.
- No matter how enthusiastic you are, meal plans can be tough to follow.
- Most meal plans are meant to be temporary. It isn’t sustainable. It doesn’t make you feel better. It doesn’t keep you sane!
- Most meal plans tend to be completely disruptive to your current life. In most cases meal plans say 'Stop eating like you, start eating like me.' All your cultural, personal, social preferences that have been built over a lifetime are discarded! None of this is necessary. Also, we should remember that many traditional diets are full of nutrient rich foods, why should you give them up 🤔?!
- Most importantly, you miss your chance to learn how to make healthier, more enjoyable, more lasting and real changes.
You never learn the skills that you can apply in daily life.
Real life does not work like this:
- We eat meals, often with family and friends.
- We eat meals that match our cultural background, personal and social interests.
- And we rarely measure things precisely.
So what you need is not a meal plan, all you need to do is think about what you’re already eating, and how you could make it better. That's exactly what the D9 does - we work with (not against) your current cultural and personal situation and suggest changes to make it better for a healthier (and leaner) you.
Healthy people who have a good relationship with food don’t need other people to tell them exactly what to eat at all times, right? 😊
You may also want to read:
- What results to our users see?
- Will your diet need to change a lot (we tweak, not disrupt!)
- How is it different form other diets (paleo, kept etc)