Exercise is excellent for health.
No surprises there!
But, did you know that....
For fat loss, exercise is only a small part of the solution.
You read that right! But that's a topic for another day. Point being:
- You should get regular exercise, it's good for you.
- But don't expect that to be your main tool to see fat loss results, it just won't happen.
That's why at Daily9, exercise is just one of the 9 areas we work on during the D9 programme. It's one out of 9, but an important one!
Exercise is excellent "for health".
So why is exercise good for you?
Regular exercise can help prevent:
- type 2 diabetes,
- some cancers,
- heart disease and
- other common serious conditions.
Exercise reduces the risk of each by at least 30%. This is better than many drugs. Exercise is good for your body and mind!
Here's a powerful way to think about it:
"I believe that if physical activity was a drug it would be classed as a wonder drug, which is why I would encourage everyone to get up and be active."
Professor Dame Sue Bailey - Chair, Academy of Medical Royal Colleges (UK)
It can be hard to decide what your options are, where to start and how to progress. That's why D9 users who are part of the 10-week programme get a detailed activity guide to help them choose among a variety of activity choices - whether for a beginner, intermediate or advanced fitness level.
Want a sneak peek at the guide? Just click the image below!
So, how should you go about this activity thing?
Some tips from the D9 team:
- Start slow and progress gradually. Relatively low levels of increase in activity can make a big difference.
- Consistency is key. All the evidence suggests small amounts of regular exercise (five times a week for 30 minutes each time for adults) brings excellent health benefits.
- The exercise should be moderate – enough so you are slightly out of breath and/or sweaty, and with an increased heart rate.
- Stretch after your activity, always. Too many injuries occur from tight muscles, so be sure to stretch after whatever activity you do.
- Most importantly - have fun! Pick something you enjoy - like something you did in school and college. If you enjoy it, you'll stick with it.
Here's what Priya had to say about the D9 programme, activity and having fun!
“The only bad workout is the one that didn't happen.”
We must many myths on the D9 program and show our users what really works.
You may also want to read: