In this article, you will learn how to create and submit project quotes. This feature lets you send these quotes to your clients allowing them to see the full breakdown of the project and decide which products are approved for purchase.
1. On the Menu click Projects and select the project that you want to send the quotes from.
2. Click QUOTES to open the Quotes Overview page.
3. For new projects, click the Create a Project Quote button.
Note: for existing projects, previous quotes may be available for viewing and updating.
4. Specify the quote details using the following fields:
Client: By default, this field will automatically select the client for the selected project. If you want to change the client, click the Drop-Down arrow and select the preferred client. You can also add client email addresses by selecting +Add Additional Client.
ID: By default, this field will automatically generate the Quote ID. You can also update this field’s value by entering the preferred quote ID.
Issue Date: By default, this field will automatically generate the quote creation date. If you want to change the Issue Date to an advanced date, simply click the field to enable the Calendar and use it to specify the date.
Tax: Click the Drop-Down arrow to select the appropriate tax to apply to this quote or add a new sales tax by selecting the +Add Sales Tax.
Note: the displayed taxes are based on the specified State or Province.
Add Client Shipping Info: Enter the client’s address and phone number.
5. Add products or line items to your quotes. In this example, we use the +Add Product from Project button.
6. In the Select Products to Add to the Quote window, choose the products you want to add to the quotation. Use the following filters to narrow your search:
Product Selection: Click the Drop-Down arrow to select the products to display. You can choose from the following:
- All Products in Project: selecting this option will display all products within this project.
- Approved Products: selecting this option will display client approved products.
Vendors: Click the Drop-Down arrow to select the product vendor. This will display products that are sold/offered by the selected vendor.
By name, tag, description: Enter a name, tag, description, or keyword(s) to display relevant products.
7. Select the products’ Checkboxes to select or click the Select All checkbox to select all displayed products.
8. Review the product selection and click the Add Product(s) to Quote button.
Note: the number/quantity of products will also appear on the button.
9. The selected products will appear in the quotation, view/update the product details as needed under the following headers/columns:
- Note: To delete a product, click the Delete icon beside the TOTAL column. To add custom charges, click the +Add Manual Line Item button.
10. In the Notes field, enter a brief note quote description.
11. Select the preferred action to take after creating the quote:
Send Quote: Clicking this button will show a modal that allows you to add a custom message that will appear in the Quotation email to the client. After adding the message, click Send Quote to continue sending the project quotation.
Save Draft: Clicking this button will save the quotation as a draft and will redirect you to the Quote Overview page.
Save Draft & Preview: Clicking this button will save the quote as a draft and will generate a Preview as Client View Quote page.
Note: exit the quotation preview by clicking the Exit Preview button.
Cancel: Clicking this button will cancel the quote creation and will redirect you to the Quote page.
To learn more on Creating and Submitting Quotes, watch the video tutorial below: