This article will show you how to change what product details/sourcing info your client sees and use the Preview as Client feature to review the design boards and product information from your client's perspective.
You can update the settings for your overall account from within the Settings menu.
Select "Me" in the upper right-hand corner, then select "Settings".
From the Settings tab, select Product Settings.
Here you can make overall adjustments to what your client sees across all projects.
Please note that these changes will only affect new boards going forward.
For boards that were already created, please follow the instructions below:
On the Menu click My Projects and ensure that the DESIGN BOARDS tab is selected. By default, the DESIGN BOARDS option is active when accessing My Projects.
2. In the DESIGN BOARDS page, select the design that you want to review from a client perspective.
3. Scroll down and find the Product List panel. In this panel, you can view the list of products under the selected design board and manage what your client can see from it. It is worth noting that you can configure all products for this design board or individually set up each product.
4. Before getting into the preview page, you must configure what you want your clients to see. Click the Manage What Client Sees button to begin. A menu will expand with the following options:
Hide total price from client: Turning this toggle on will hide the total price. When hidden, the client will not be able to see the design board’s total price and a Hidden icon will appear beside the Total Price.
Hide all products from client: Turning this toggle on will hide all products. When hidden, the client will not be able to see any of the products in the product list.
Hide all product names from client: Turning this toggle on will hide all product names. When hidden, the client will not be able to see any of the product names in the product list and a Hidden icon will appear beside the Product Name.
Hide all product prices from client: Turning this toggle on will hide all product prices. When hidden, the client will not be able to see any of the product prices in the product list and a Hidden icon will appear beside the Product Prices.
Hide all product descriptions from client: Turning this toggle on will hide all product descriptions. When hidden, the client will not be able to see any of the product descriptions in the product list. In addition, this hides the SKU, dimensions, materials, and finish from the client.
Replace shop links with approve/reject buttons: Turning this toggle on will replace the Shop It links with approve and reject buttons; and a Hidden icon will appear beside the Shop It links.
Apply settings to all project design boards: Clicking this option will apply the configured settings to all project design boards. It is important to note that you need to click this option every time you make any changes.
Note: you can also update each product by clicking the More Options Menu (...) icon of a product to display the following options:
Edit price & details
Hide entire product from client
Hide name from client
Hide price from client
Hide description from client
Replace shop links with approve reject/buttons
Download tear sheet (PDF)
5. After configuring the settings, click the Preview Project as Client button to review the design board from the client’s perspective.
6. A new tab/page of the Design Board preview will open. Review the project from the clients’ perspective to ensure that you are presenting the appropriate project(s) and product details to the client. To exit preview, click the Exit Preview button.
To learn more on Managing what product information your client sees, watch the video tutorial below: