In this article, you will learn how to create new contracts for your projects. This option enables you to create contracts and send them to your clients for acknowledgment and review. The Contracts option lets you add contracts using the DesignFiles system removing the need to do the following tedious tasks:
Manually uploading/Sending the contracts to clients via attachments
Having your client download and sign the contracts
Having your client send you the signed contracts
Manually downloading the signed contracts and uploading it to DesignFiles as attachments for recording purposes
With the Contracts option, you can now easily create contracts and organize them within your DesignFiles account.
1. On the Menu, click Projects and select the project where you want to add the contract.
2. Click the MORE... tab to display more options and select CONTRACTS.
3. You will be directed to the Contracts - <Name of Project> page. If this is the first time that you access the Contracts page, the only button that you can click is the Add a Contract button.
4. Click the Add a Contract button to create a contract.
5. In the Client: field, click the drop-down arrow to select the client with whom you want to create the contract.
6. In the Contract Title field: enter the contract name/title. Preferably the name of the project so the client can easily recognize the contract.
7. In the Contract Details: field, enter the contract body. If you have a contract template, you can copy and paste it here or create an entirely new contract.
Note: you can Load Preset contracts if you have added contract templates as presets. You can also save new contracts as presets using the Save as Preset option.
You can also use the Formatting Toolbar to format the contract body.
8. To require a signature to the contract, select the Require client signature checkbox.
9. Review the contract details and click your preferred action:
Send Contract: clicking this button will open the Send Contract window where you can review the Client, Message Subject, and the Message body. You have to click the Send Contract button in this window to send the contract to your client.
Save Draft: clicking this button will save the contract as a draft and will not be sent to your client.
Save Draft & Preview: clicking this button will save the contract as a draft and you will be directed to a preview page. The contract will not be sent to your client.