In this article, you will learn how to use the Record a Payment feature. This feature enables you to record client payments outside the DesignFiles system. If your client prefers bank transfer, credit card, PayPal, Venmo, check, cash, etc. use this option to ensure that your DesignFiles financial records are up to date.
Aside from keeping your financial records updated, this feature also allows your client to make a partial/full payment using the channels stated above. There is no limit to using this feature, so you can add multiple records if necessary.
1. On the Menu, click Projects and select the project that you want to update the invoice from.
2. Click INVOICES to open the Invoice Overview page.
3. Find the invoice that you want to update and click its More Options (...) menu to display more options.
4. Select Record a Payment. This will open the Record a Payment window.
5. In the Payment Method field, click the drop-down menu and select the payment method that your client used.
E-Transfer(Paypal, Venmo, etc)
6. In the Amount field, enter the amount that the client paid. It is important to note that clients can pay a partial or full amount using this method.
7. In the Date field, click the field to enable a Calendar and select the date of payment.
8. In the Notes field, enter a brief note for this payment if necessary.
9. Review all the details and click the Record Payment to update the invoice.
10. The status of the invoice will be updated. You can hover your cursor on the invoice status to see the partial/full amount that your client paid.
For more information, please watch this video tutorial: