1. Sign in to DragonFly MAX in your web browser. Click “Schools and People” on the left side menu, then select “Setup School” from the top menu. From the “Setup School” screen, click the “Setup Academic Integrations” button.
2. Click the “+ New Integration” button in the top left corner, then select your academic software from the Provider drop-down menu. If you do not see your provider, select 'Other SFTP'.
3. The system will generate a username and password, as seen below. Save the password by clicking the “copy” button and pasting it somewhere on your device. You will need this password later to complete the integration.
Note: If you lose the password, you will need to generate new integration credentials. Scroll to the bottom of this article to point number 11 to see how to generate a new password.
4. Enter your School ID from your student information system. For some systems, the school ID is your 4-digit district code plus your 3-digit school code. Some schools choose to use their CEEB code.
Note: For Manual SFTP Upload integration, the School ID can be anything you want it to be.
The most important step with manual integration is that whatever you use for School ID on this integration page needs to be listed as the School ID in the CSV file you manually upload.
5. Click “Save Integration” to submit the SFTP information to DragonFly and return to the Setup screen. Copy and save the information highlighted below. You will need this info to connect DragonFly to your student information system.
Password (You copied this in Step 3)
Note for Manual SFTP Upload: You do not need to read further as you will use Filezilla or some other type of SFTP program to transfer your grades to our server unless you need to reset your SFTP password, which is found at point 11 at the bottom of this article.
6. Sign in to your student information system as an administrator and set up a remote connection through your system settings with your DragonFly credentials (Username, Password, Port and URL/Host). Below is an example from PowerSchool:
Note: if your student information system does not allow access to establish a remote connection, complete steps 1-5 above and then skip to this tutorial to learn how to manually upload your grades to DragonFly through an SFTP client like FileZilla.
7. Once you submit your DragonFly credentials to your student information system and establish a remote connection, you will have to generate a grade report from your student information system to be sent to DragonFly. This can be created through your "Reports" settings. We recommend you schedule this report to run daily, so that the grades in DragonFly are always up-to-date. Click here to download a sample file of what data needs to be included in your report. Below is a series of screenshots of the report setup screen in PowerSchool.
8. Once you submit your reporting information to your student information system, it will upload your data to DragonFly. DragonFly imports and processes academic data on a nightly basis. It’s best to return to DragonFly the day after you submit the remote connection to your academic software provider.
9. After the initial waiting period, the “Academic Integration” column should now be visible on your “People” Checklist, as seen below.
10. To connect a student, click “Connect Transcript” and select them from the menu. You can also search for the student by name or ID, as highlighted below.
11. Regenerate SFTP Password: If you lost your integration password and need to generate a new one, click the edit button next to your integration. Then, click the "regenerate" button, copy the new password, and paste it somewhere on your device.
Important Note: After clicking the regenerate button and getting the new password, you must click the Update Password button to update the new password in the system.
If you have trouble with your academic integration, click here for some troubleshooting tips that may help you find a solution.