Skip to main content
All CollectionsState Passes & Insurance Cards
"How do I approve and pay for cards or passes for people at my school or district?"
"How do I approve and pay for cards or passes for people at my school or district?"

Athletic directors, principals and superintendents can approve and pay for passes/cards for their school or district.

Jelsey Juric avatar
Written by Jelsey Juric
Updated over a week ago

DragonFly provides passes for administrators and coaches and who need identification for entry into games. These passes or cards must first be approved by the athletic director, principal or superintendent, before they receive final approval from the state association.

Follow the steps below to approve and pay for cards/passes at your school or district.

1. Log in to DragonFly on your computer's web browser and select β€˜Cards and Events’ in the left-side menu.

2. Select the filter bar at the top of the screen, then select 'Approval Status' from the drop-down menu.

3. Select 'Submitted to School' from the drop-down menu.

4. You will see a list of the people at your school or district who have applied for a card/pass. Applications that are highlighted in yellow are those that are awaiting school or district approval before they can be approved by the state association.

You can also hover over each icon to learn more about the status of a pass/card.

For Alabama schools only: AHSAA requires that a coach be 'Principal Certified' to be approved for a card. To view this, click on the filtering bar and select 'Cards & Events' and 'Coach Card' from the list. The PC column on the far right side of the screen will then tell you if a coach has been Principal Certified or not.

5. If you need to view individual card/pass applications, double click on each name to view the application in an overlay window and verify that the picture and all information is correct.

6. To approve or reject a pass/card, select the checkbox next to the name and use the blue buttons at the top of the screen to take action. You can select multiple checkboxes to approve or reject several passes/cards at one time.

7. To pay the state association for cards/passes, select the checkbox next to each application you want to pay for. If a pass/card has not been paid for, it will have a red dollar sign icon. Once you have selected the passes/cards that need payment, click the 'Pay' button at the top of the screen. You will be prompted to input your debit/credit card or bank account information for digital payment.

8. If you need to generate an invoice, select the cards/passes you want to pay for and then the 'Create Invoice' button. The invoice will be available in the Payments tab on your left-side menu. Once you're on the Payments menu, select 'Invoices'.

9. Once you have approved a pass/card at the school or district level, it will be sent to your state association for final approval. You can see this status by hovering over the green check mark icon.

10. Once a pass/card has received final approval from both the school or district and the state association, there will be a green 'thumbs up' icon. The pass/card recipient will receive an email notifying them that their card has been approved and is available in the DragonFly app.

11. To access a receipt for any cards that were paid by your school or organization, select 'Payments' in the left-side menu, then 'Invoices' at the top of the screen. Double click on the line item that contains the invoice for your cards/passes.

12. Select the 'View Receipt' link on the left side of the screen and your receipt will open in PDF format in a new browser tab. Use the icons in the top right corner to download or print the PDF.

Did this answer your question?