Already completed the pass application?
Click here to see how to access all of your passes on your mobile device.
Steps to Get Your Pass
Downloading the Mobile App
2. Log in with your existing DragonFly username and password. If you do not have a DragonFly account that is connected to your school or district, click here for instructions on this preliminary step.
3. Tap on the 'Cards' tab in the bottom-right corner of your screen.
Applying for State Passes
4. Tap on your pending pass. Our system will automatically detect certain passes you're eligible for based on your role at your school or district.
Don't see a pass?? No problem. To manually select a pass, just tap the '+ Request another card' button on your screen.
5. If you selected the '+ Request another card' button, choose the pass that's right for you from the list of available options.
6. After choosing your pass, click the 'Answer a Few Questions' button to fill out the pass application. It may be autofilled with your info if you have previously registered through DragonFly.
7. Select the 'Upload an Image' button to add a photo for your pass. You can take a picture with your phone camera, or upload an existing picture on your camera roll. If you previously provided a picture, it will be autofilled.
Note: Many states require your picture to be a good quality headshot with no sunglasses or hats. Only the cardholder should appear in the picture, unless specifically instructed otherwise.
8. Select the 'Get my Card' button to submit your application to both your school/district and your state association for approval.
If you don't see the 'Get my Card' button, then your card is likely a paid state pass. The next step describes the options for paying for your pass.
Paying for State Passes
Many state associations require users to pay for their state passes. If your state requires a payment, then you will see a few options to select when submitting your pass application.
9a. The "Review and Pay" option presents you with a screen to select which of your accounts you would like to use to pay for your pass. You can select from a previously saved debit/credit card, bank account, or enter new card details. Select an account, then select "Pay Now" and your payment will be processed.
9b. The "Submit to School" option gives schools the ability to pay on your behalf. Many schools will pay with a group payment for their entire staff. If your state pass is set up to allow this type of payment, you can choose this payment option rather than paying directly.
State Pass Approval
10. Once your pass has been approved (and paid for if necessary), you will receive an email and your pass will be available in the DragonFly mobile app under the 'Cards' tab.
If you have questions about a rejected pass, please contact a school administrator or your state association directly. DragonFly cannot answer questions about rejected passes, as we do not handle this part of the process.